Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Proud to be White!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so there was a bday party at my house yesterday for me & a friend.

Well her husband who is bit of an ass (yes she knows this & they've separated twice) was there & he isn't from the states & has dark olive skin.

Anyway, I'm rather white & got sunburn over the week & my arms are peeling. I HATE it & if it wasn't so warm I'd wear long sleeves. I feel like a snake shedding skin, lol.

Well he came over & says "I see your white is coming out" and poked at my skin. I just said "yup tends to happen when you get sunburn."  To which he said "so glad I'm not white & have ugly sensitive skin like that." (mind you his wife is whiter than I am) I just looked at him & said "I'm proud of being white, my skin color is a part of me & I embrace it flakiness & all."  He asked "do you have a flag saying that too?"  I told him "yup it is called my Polish flag." He said "same thing" and walked off.

WTH, be pissy but if your proud of your dark olive skin I'm going to be proud of my white freckled sunburned skin as well!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (161-170):
ms-superwoman
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM

yaahhh, because people who are happy with themselves get their panties in a bunch over a negative comment by someone they hardly know. eye rolling

Quoting Anonymous:

Telling myself what? That even happy people need to vent at times? I will :)

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Keep telling yourself that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I vented about a man who is disrespectful on a consistent basis.  That doesn't make me unhappy :)

Yup I stood up for myself in my home, that doesn't make me unhappy :)

You said "be happy w/you" I pointed out I already am happy w/who I am, bitchiness and all :)

FYI happy people need to vent at times too.

Thank you, your replies have made me chuckle.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So, you are online bitching about a man you barely know because he's an ass and doesn't like you. Then getting defensive and being bitchy when I say just be happy. Uh huh, you sound really happy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um I think I pointed out rather clearly I am happy w/me, so you have no point.

As for not liking me, he barely knows me so whatever.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Maybe he just doesn't like you? Maybe he's a total ass? Who cares... Just be happy with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Yup every now and then even happy people let a man who is consistently an asshole get under her skin:)

Love how on CM a vent means a person is miserable and unhappy. Some things never change:)

Quoting ms-superwoman:

yaahhh, because people who are happy with themselves get their panties in a bunch over a negative comment by someone they hardly know. eye rolling

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I vented about a man who is disrespectful on a consistent basis.  That doesn't make me unhappy :)

You said "be happy w/you" I pointed out I already am happy w/who I am, bitchiness and all :)

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So, you are online bitching about a man you barely know because he's an ass and doesn't like you. Then getting defensive and being bitchy when I say just be happy. Uh huh, you sound really happy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Maybe he just doesn't like you? Maybe he's a total ass? Who cares... Just be happy with you.

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Wow that guy is a dick. 

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Everyone should be proud of who they are, because you can't change it!

sandy201282
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM

How about instead of everyone waving their flags around and screaming how proud they are to be a certian race, why dont we be proud to part of the human race....race doesnt exist genetically. its just different shades ya'll, we all bleed red.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I'm red haired pale skinned and freckled as well.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I don't see someone posting and venting about a racist dick as being the unhappy one. More like exasperated at such a dickhead and his comments.

Others idiocy can be quite annoying. Doesn't mean a chronic state of unhappiness.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM
It too a long time for me to embrace my pastyness. I am extremely pale with dark hair. I was called Casper a lot growing up and told I look like the undead. I was born on Friday the 13th too. The worst is when people would tell me I looked sick and unhealthy because I am so pale.

I have learned to embrace my coloring and to love being unique.
moniagee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Ok, who resurrected this post?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:10 AM
When the OP is saying she is proud to be white, she isn't really referring to a race but a personal trait. It ise similar to my DD saying she is proud to wear glassed when she has been made fun of.

Quoting sandy201282:

How about instead of everyone waving their flags around and screaming how proud they are to be a certian race, why dont we be proud to part of the human race....race doesnt exist genetically. its just different shades ya'll, we all bleed red.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN