Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Proud to be White!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so there was a bday party at my house yesterday for me & a friend.

Well her husband who is bit of an ass (yes she knows this & they've separated twice) was there & he isn't from the states & has dark olive skin.

Anyway, I'm rather white & got sunburn over the week & my arms are peeling. I HATE it & if it wasn't so warm I'd wear long sleeves. I feel like a snake shedding skin, lol.

Well he came over & says "I see your white is coming out" and poked at my skin. I just said "yup tends to happen when you get sunburn."  To which he said "so glad I'm not white & have ugly sensitive skin like that." (mind you his wife is whiter than I am) I just looked at him & said "I'm proud of being white, my skin color is a part of me & I embrace it flakiness & all."  He asked "do you have a flag saying that too?"  I told him "yup it is called my Polish flag." He said "same thing" and walked off.

WTH, be pissy but if your proud of your dark olive skin I'm going to be proud of my white freckled sunburned skin as well!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (171-177):
heidi749
by Canadian on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM

He is a dink, I can see why that would get to you, he is saying he is better then you becuse of his skin tone, that would piss me off as well... My SO gets very dark in the summer, because he does have an olive complexion.. I wish I could get that colour...I am really glad our DS has more his complexion then mine though, because he does not burn as easily...  He does tease/bug me about my pale complexion, but in fun, not to put me down because he thinks he is better then me, because of his skin complexion...

heavenlybliss19
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Dutch and Irish here... I burn every summer, even if I'm only outside for 5 minutes on a cloudy day.

You should let him know, though... black people sunburn, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM

You can't reason with asses. 

I burn and I'm Asian.

sandy201282
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yea i understand what your saying....but i still dont agree with it, whats with everyone having to have labels for everyone and thing?

Quoting smalltowngal:

When the OP is saying she is proud to be white, she isn't really referring to a race but a personal trait. It ise similar to my DD saying she is proud to wear glassed when she has been made fun of.

Quoting sandy201282:

How about instead of everyone waving their flags around and screaming how proud they are to be a certian race, why dont we be proud to part of the human race....race doesnt exist genetically. its just different shades ya'll, we all bleed red.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM
He made fun of my skin color so of course I'm going to say I'm proud of it, it is part of me. Had he made fun of my glasses I would've been proud of my glasses.

Quoting sandy201282:

Yea i understand what your saying....but i still dont agree with it, whats with everyone having to have labels for everyone and thing?

Quoting smalltowngal:

When the OP is saying she is proud to be white, she isn't really referring to a race but a personal trait. It ise similar to my DD saying she is proud to wear glassed when she has been made fun of.

Quoting sandy201282:

How about instead of everyone waving their flags around and screaming how proud they are to be a certian race, why dont we be proud to part of the human race....race doesnt exist genetically. its just different shades ya'll, we all bleed red.

sandy201282
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM

your obviously missing what im saying..why label anyone, for anyone to label you or make fun of your appearance is incredibly immature and childish, i remember kids doing that in elementary school..as adults one would thing we have moved beyond the labels and poking fun at someones appearance part of our lives. Last I checked beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, i have had people say I'm beautiful and i have had people say i am ugly...You know what, i don't give a damn either way what is thought of me, i feel beautiful and am comfortable with my body and looks, and if anyone has a problem with me or how I look, its just that, their problem, not mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

He made fun of my skin color so of course I'm going to say I'm proud of it, it is part of me. Had he made fun of my glasses I would've been proud of my glasses.

Quoting sandy201282:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting sandy201282:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Ok I get the point now and it is his problem. But I will say that I will stand up for myself especially in my own home and vent if need be.

Quoting sandy201282:

your obviously missing what im saying..why label anyone, for anyone to label you or make fun of your appearance is incredibly immature and childish, i remember kids doing that in elementary school..as adults one would thing we have moved beyond the labels and poking fun at someones appearance part of our lives. Last I checked beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, i have had people say I'm beautiful and i have had people say i am ugly...You know what, i don't give a damn either way what is thought of me, i feel beautiful and am comfortable with my body and looks, and if anyone has a problem with me or how I look, its just that, their problem, not mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sandy201282:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting sandy201282:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)