Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Proud to be White!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so there was a bday party at my house yesterday for me & a friend.

Well her husband who is bit of an ass (yes she knows this & they've separated twice) was there & he isn't from the states & has dark olive skin.

Anyway, I'm rather white & got sunburn over the week & my arms are peeling. I HATE it & if it wasn't so warm I'd wear long sleeves. I feel like a snake shedding skin, lol.

Well he came over & says "I see your white is coming out" and poked at my skin. I just said "yup tends to happen when you get sunburn."  To which he said "so glad I'm not white & have ugly sensitive skin like that." (mind you his wife is whiter than I am) I just looked at him & said "I'm proud of being white, my skin color is a part of me & I embrace it flakiness & all."  He asked "do you have a flag saying that too?"  I told him "yup it is called my Polish flag." He said "same thing" and walked off.

WTH, be pissy but if your proud of your dark olive skin I'm going to be proud of my white freckled sunburned skin as well!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
FrozenReesesCup
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Because only AAs have darker skin. :l

And she isn't racist. That guy was a cunt... Just like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

All the black people will say you are being racist. God forbid you like your race.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Sorry the tomato part made me laugh.

I hate that we have to list anything.

Anyway, the only time I've seen someone that red was when I was in my teens & baby sat this family.  They came back from vacation & their DD was so red & she actually blistered. It was awful :(

They used sunscreen but her red hair & very fair skin just didn't have a chance.

Quoting acrogodess:

I am Hispanic and list Caucasian as my race. I burn and flake before I get a nice tan. My dad was Puerto Rican with light brown/dark blonde hair and blue eyes and he would turn redder than a tomato before peeling and tanning.

Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I'm proud to be Scottish, and I am one pasty white girl with a sunburned back lmao

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Whatever you say, I am proud of who I am. I take pride in who I am & that includes EVERYTHING about ME.  Which obviously would include my skin color & my long brown hair :)

I don't go around saying "I'm proud to be white" but when someone is going to be an ass & make fun of my white skin damn straight I'm going to inform him I'm proud of my white skin :)

Quoting Anonymous:

You can love/like it, sure. But "pride" is akin to a feeling of accomplishment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well my skin color is a part of who I am & embrace everything about me & I am proud of who I am. That would include my skin color.

I didn't do anything to get my dark brown eyes either, but I love my eyes :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand "pride" in skin color.

You didn't do anything to receive the color of your skin. What's there to be proud of?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Thank you :)

Quoting FrozenReesesCup:

Quoting Anonymous:

All the black people will say you are being racist. God forbid you like your race.

Anastacia1988
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I love being white. Mostly because I like the way it compliments my nipples .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

LMBO

Quoting Anastacia1988:

I love being white. Mostly because I like the way it compliments my nipples .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM
4 moms liked this

Dumb comment Winner...  Congrats to you!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, you escalated that quickly! Not to mention took it out of context/didn't comprehend what she was saying!

Quoting FrozenReesesCup:

Quoting Anonymous:

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I am lucky that my mom was slightly darker skinned being from central American. Grandma's father was of German descent, but my mom's father and his family are obviously mixed with some of the central American natives as well as European since their are blue and green eyes family members there too. Mom never burns. Lucky. Lol. I was darker than dad, but I still burn and blister before tanning. Ugh. I get pink though, not tomato red. Don't worry. I laugh to picturing it. He would be so miserable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry the tomato part made me laugh.

I hate that we have to list anything.

Anyway, the only time I've seen someone that red was when I was in my teens & baby sat this family.  They came back from vacation & their DD was so red & she actually blistered. It was awful :(

They used sunscreen but her red hair & very fair skin just didn't have a chance.

Quoting acrogodess:

I am Hispanic and list Caucasian as my race. I burn and flake before I get a nice tan. My dad was Puerto Rican with light brown/dark blonde hair and blue eyes and he would turn redder than a tomato before peeling and tanning.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN