Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Proud to be White!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so there was a bday party at my house yesterday for me & a friend.

Well her husband who is bit of an ass (yes she knows this & they've separated twice) was there & he isn't from the states & has dark olive skin.

Anyway, I'm rather white & got sunburn over the week & my arms are peeling. I HATE it & if it wasn't so warm I'd wear long sleeves. I feel like a snake shedding skin, lol.

Well he came over & says "I see your white is coming out" and poked at my skin. I just said "yup tends to happen when you get sunburn."  To which he said "so glad I'm not white & have ugly sensitive skin like that." (mind you his wife is whiter than I am) I just looked at him & said "I'm proud of being white, my skin color is a part of me & I embrace it flakiness & all."  He asked "do you have a flag saying that too?"  I told him "yup it is called my Polish flag." He said "same thing" and walked off.

WTH, be pissy but if your proud of your dark olive skin I'm going to be proud of my white freckled sunburned skin as well!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on May. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I agree with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

My point is that I'm awful for being white & apparently it is ok for him to be proud of his skin but not ok for me to be proud of mine.

He was being an ass.

Quoting URHonor:

I'm Italian and get a nice tan. I'd rather be slightly darker.

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I always burn once then tan nicely all summer. My kids just get very tanned thankfully. I always worry about them because their skin is so light.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Thank you :)

Took me a long time to be happy w/everything about myself (probably bc of the abusive upbringing I had but that is a different topic). But I have learned to love myself & everything about me.

I use to hate having freckles, I use to hate the big huge scar down my chest (open heart surgery & many kids made fun of it). But I've learned to embrace all of it.

Quoting Moe1521:

OP, glad you embrace who you are. It's not like we can really change it....

I hate double standards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Have you ever said "Wow, you can be a real asshole. I'd like you to leave until you can control your tongue." to him?

Perhaps if more people called him out on his bullshit and didn't just smile and nod, he would learn to behave like a civilized human being, and if your friend had to leave enough places because of him, she might finally ditch his ass for good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound dumb! She didn't say a word about black people you just had to throw that in their. God forbid you just kept your dumb comment to yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

All the black people will say you are being racist. God forbid you like your race.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure she was being sarcastic. That's what I got from reading it anyways

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, you escalated that quickly! Not to mention took it out of context/didn't comprehend what she was saying!

Quoting FrozenReesesCup:

Because only AAs have darker skin. :l

And she isn't racist. That guy was a cunt... Just like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

All the black people will say you are being racist. God forbid you like your race.

Moe1521
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I can kinda relate. I had a troubling upbringing as well, got picked on a lot, and have many scars. I always had self-esteem issues, eating disorder, and depression. I just basically hated everything about myself. When I became an adult, I learned how to love myself, flaws and all!

Everything just adds a little more character ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Took me a long time to be happy w/everything about myself (probably bc of the abusive upbringing I had but that is a different topic). But I have learned to love myself & everything about me.

I use to hate having freckles, I use to hate the big huge scar down my chest (open heart surgery & many kids made fun of it). But I've learned to embrace all of it.

Quoting Moe1521:

I hate double standards.

kaybear123
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I burn really bad also! :(

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Honestly I have told him off before.

However, yesterday was a bday party for me & a friend (his wife) & I just didn't want the drama.

I had already had enough drama, chaos going on.  One of my best friends was rushed to the ER in the morning.  I ran to her house to gather all her kids so I had her 4 plus my 2 & trying to finish getting everything read.

Then 3 kids showed up that shouldn't have been there.  2 aren't allowed at my house bc the boy loves to hit everyone & the girl well she is so disrespectful that she isn't allowed here either.  The other boy, no idea where he came from.  I tried to let them play w/all the other kids here, but it didn't work.  The girl who isn't suppose to be here was turning into a mouthy little snot (yes I said that now but not to her), her brother hit another over the head w/his bike helmet & the other boy hit my friends DD.  I sent the 3 home next thing I know the parents to the boy that I don't know show up at my house freaking out on me.

I had enough drama & just wanted it to be done, so when he said what he did I said what I said & walked away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever said "Wow, you can be a real asshole. I'd like you to leave until you can control your tongue." to him?

Perhaps if more people called him out on his bullshit and didn't just smile and nod, he would learn to behave like a civilized human being, and if your friend had to leave enough places because of him, she might finally ditch his ass for good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup:)

I call them my "battle scars" now :)

Quoting Moe1521:

I can kinda relate. I had a troubling upbringing as well, got picked on a lot, and have many scars. I always had self-esteem issues, eating disorder, and depression. I just basically hated everything about myself. When I became an adult, I learned how to love myself, flaws and all!

Everything just adds a little more character ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Moe1521:

I hate double standards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured