Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Proud to be White!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so there was a bday party at my house yesterday for me & a friend.

Well her husband who is bit of an ass (yes she knows this & they've separated twice) was there & he isn't from the states & has dark olive skin.

Anyway, I'm rather white & got sunburn over the week & my arms are peeling. I HATE it & if it wasn't so warm I'd wear long sleeves. I feel like a snake shedding skin, lol.

Well he came over & says "I see your white is coming out" and poked at my skin. I just said "yup tends to happen when you get sunburn."  To which he said "so glad I'm not white & have ugly sensitive skin like that." (mind you his wife is whiter than I am) I just looked at him & said "I'm proud of being white, my skin color is a part of me & I embrace it flakiness & all."  He asked "do you have a flag saying that too?"  I told him "yup it is called my Polish flag." He said "same thing" and walked off.

WTH, be pissy but if your proud of your dark olive skin I'm going to be proud of my white freckled sunburned skin as well!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Dark olive skin? WTF that is.
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

i just had a second degree sun burn. actually, i am currently shedding my SECOND layer of skin a week and a half since burning. the first layer came off in large, dark, scales. i was getting close to a third degree burn. from what? from freaking gardening! i started a new medication over the winter that apparently makes me even more sensitive to sunlight. i HATE being super white. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

All the black people will say you are being racist. God forbid you like your race.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I love my pale white skin! Someone asked me a week ago if I'd started tanning yet, for the summer, and I told him I don't do tanning. He was surprised, because he thought all white chicks wanted to be tan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

All I can say is embrace it, all skin is beautiful :)

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i just had a second degree sun burn. actually, i am currently shedding my SECOND layer of skin a week and a half since burning. the first layer came off in large, dark, scales. i was getting close to a third degree burn. from what? from freaking gardening! i started a new medication over the winter that apparently makes me even more sensitive to sunlight. i HATE being super white. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

What to you mean what is that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Dark olive skin? WTF that is.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM
He sounds like a douchebag.
TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM

What an ass

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I don't understand how anyone can be proud of something they had nothing to do with...
LNLMommy
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Where is he from? Not that it matters-he was out of line for what he said.

No-you don't sound like a racist-be proud of the skin you are in! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN