Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a bad mother my kids should be taken away from me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
okay so a lady at the park told me this because she had asked me how did I get to the park I told her I walk from my house to here. Then her next question is how far is your house from here so I told its 2 miles away. Then this lady went crazy on me she starts telling me I'm a terrible mother for making my kids walk in the heat and that my kids should be taken away from me and then she starts telling me if you want to exercise to exercise in your own time you shouldn't force your kids to do that. she was making me seem like I was neglecting my kids like I didn't bring waters snacks juices for them if she had looks in my small stroller ( which is not hard to see what's in it) she would have seen all the snacks all water an jucies in there. so here's my confession maybe I shouldn't make my kids walk even though they love to walk and explore the world around them jkI'm not going to stop just because some crazy o lady who has her two maybe three ish son sitting down playing a ps2 and her 6yr old out playing and then tell him not to play with my 4yr old
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM

2 miles is a lot, but i think exercise is good for kids and as long as it's not too hot and they aren't too little, it's great exercise. some people..

pce68
by Patti on May. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

People used to walk that far just to go to the store, or kids would walk that far every day to school. If your kids can handle it, then there's nothing wrong with it. Walking is good for them, and they should be getting in the habit of exercising.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
my oldest son is four and my other one is one and a half but he's in the stroller cover from the sun and we live in Florida so yes it's hot but I know he can handle it an if he can't he tells,me which is very rare because he is so energetic but even that is not stoping him from: going inside the park in playing around until we go home he still not tired

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

2 miles is a lot, but i think exercise is good for kids and as long as it's not too hot and they aren't too little, it's great exercise. some people..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Lol I make my 4 1/2 yr old walk about a mile and a bit everyday too and from school, we own a car and we could drive but why not get fresh air for a bit.
Pnukey
by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

You'd easily walk more than 2 miles if you go to an amusement park. All those parents must be awful too. Psha. Have fun at the park!

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

if your kids are happy, i think it's perfect. especially since there is a covered stroller and drinks available. enjoy mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

my oldest son is four and my other one is one and a half but he's in the stroller cover from the sun and we live in Florida so yes it's hot but I know he can handle it an if he can't he tells,me which is very rare because he is so energetic but even that is not stoping him from: going inside the park in playing around until we go home he still not tired

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM
When I was young I used to walk far and then back home but then again I was not four years old and my son loves to walk an he never make him tired to the point he's always asking me to walk to the park at times I tell him his crazy lol

Quoting pce68:

People used to walk that far just to go to the store, or kids would walk that far every day to school. If your kids can handle it, then there's nothing wrong with it. Walking is good for them, and they should be getting in the habit of exercising.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Yup they should totally take your kids away because they get excersise 

JanineDeer
by Janine on May. 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM
5 moms liked this

some people in today's day and age won't walk a block.  This is why we have so many fat people.

Just ignore her.   LOL was she fat?

acook0331
by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
My kids love long walks. Around our neighborhood and back is 2 miles.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN