Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My ex and his wife have a combined 4 kids [2 hers, 1 his, and 1 theirs together]. I just found out that from my son, that 2 of the kids have to share a seatbelt [they have a 5 seater]. When I told my ex about this, he denied it, like he does everything. My son would never lie to me about something like this. I asked my son if the other 3 were in the car when he was dropped off [they live 30 - 45 minutes away], he said yes. And I believed him because both my ex and his wife were in the car. 

What would you do? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM

BUMP!

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

call the cops next time he is on his way to drop your son off. In most states it's illegal to over crowed your car and most states have some sort of child restraint law. He will probably not get more than a fine, but you will have legal documentation stating that he is putting your son in danger. And take it to court to insure your sons future safety. It's not easy, but I'm not sure there is an easy way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM

But thats the thing. I dont know when all of them are coming or its just going to be him and my son or his wife and my son. 

Quoting Miranda1127:

call the cops next time he is on his way to drop your son off. In most states it's illegal to over crowed your car and most states have some sort of child restraint law. He will probably not get more than a fine, but you will have legal documentation stating that he is putting your son in danger. And take it to court to insure your sons future safety. It's not easy, but I'm not sure there is an easy way.

JenD_77
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM

IMO As long as they are buckled its better than not. But also depends on ages of all the kids and if the ride was a longer one or short, y'know.

I would probably just ask that if at all possible that only the ex or whoever had my kid did so alone unless things barred them from doing so. Otherwise I'd try to pick up the child instead to prevent it from happening should it bug me that much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I would, but I dont have a car right now. And the ages are 19 months, 5, 6, 7.

Quoting JenD_77:

IMO As long as they are buckled its better than not. But also depends on ages of all the kids and if the ride was a longer one or short, y'know.

I would probably just ask that if at all possible that only the ex or whoever had my kid did so alone unless things barred them from doing so. Otherwise I'd try to pick up the child instead to prevent it from happening should it bug me that much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Mind your own business

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I am old fashioned I guess I would do nothing

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

find out. You could always call the PD instead of 911 and explain the situation. Tell them yr son has come home from a previous visit telling you seat belts were shared and that you are concerned. Give them the make/model, license plate, and approx time/route that would be taken. If they are in the area and spot an over crowded car they will stop them. Or you could be a little more sure and plan it out so you at least know when he will show up.

Quoting Anonymous:

But thats the thing. I dont know when all of them are coming or its just going to be him and my son or his wife and my son. 

Quoting Miranda1127:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)