Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really?! Who does that!!?? *edit with pic*

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
  • 69 Replies

BF got ran off the road by a car while biking to work. He's bruised up and scraped up all to hell, but is otherwise ok. 

I'm so pissed off. Who does something like that?!

Poor guy :(

For those saying he looks "scary". This is what he usually looks like.

by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on May. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM

WOW, glad he came out okay.

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

He's still getting patched up at the ER. He's getting on a plane tomorrow to go to his son's graduation, so he's lucky he didn't get hurt any worse than he did. 

Quoting Miss-B:

WOW, glad he came out okay.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg, that's scary. I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Happens all the time here. I live in Florida. I had a friend visit once from New York and we took our kids for a walk. I stopped at the intersection to cross and hit the walk light. She laughed and said, "Why are you doing that?". "Because you have to hit the light to make the cars get a red light so we can cross." I said. She laughed again and without waiting for it to change stepped off the curb pushing her baby stroller, "Oh we don't need to do that." she said, "The cars will stop if they see you crossing.". The cars sped up. 

She screamed and I grabbed her two nearest kids and snatched them back. The other one fled to the median with his mother. 

When the light changed I crossed safely and met up with her. "They WENT FASTER!" she yelled, terrified. "Yes, they did. Welcome to Florida." I answered.

People riding bikes usually get either run off the road or someone throws stuff at them. Unless they are riding bikes in a neighborhood for recreation.

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM

This happened in Kansas. Fucker sped off and BF only caught a glimpse of the car. So there's not really any hope of going after the guy for BF's medical expenses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Happens all the time here. I live in Florida. I had a friend visit once from New York and we took our kids for a walk. I stopped at the intersection to cross and hit the walk light. She laughed and said, "Why are you doing that?". "Because you have to hit the light to make the cars get a red light so we can cross." I said. She laughed again and without waiting for it to change stepped off the curb pushing her baby stroller, "Oh we don't need to do that." she said, "The cars will stop if they see you crossing.". The cars sped up. 

She screamed and I grabbed her two nearest kids and snatched them back. The other one fled to the median with his mother. 

When the light changed I crossed safely and met up with her. "They WENT FASTER!" she yelled, terrified. "Yes, they did. Welcome to Florida." I answered.

People riding bikes usually get either run off the road or someone throws stuff at them. Unless they are riding bikes in a neighborhood for recreation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

They never stop when they hit people here. My poor ex-husband has been patched up a few times. 

What's ironic is when he was a teenager he loved telling me about the time he threw an orange from a moving car at a little old man fishing off a bridge. He thought it was very funny the way the man fell into the water below and water splashed up. I always told him that Karma was a bitch. 

When it happened to him the first time I said, "So did you fall off a bridge and the water splashed up? How funny was it to you?". He got my point.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

This happened in Kansas. Fucker sped off and BF only caught a glimpse of the car. So there's not really any hope of going after the guy for BF's medical expenses.

Quoting Anonymous:

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on May. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I'm a runner and I've come really close to having to jump in the bushes a few times because people aren't paying attention and almost hit me. 

I'm glad he's ok! 

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Bump for pic

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on May. 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Oh my!

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
And here I thought Arkansas drivers were bad O.o

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN