Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Groceries, home life and just full out FRUSTRATION

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am sure we have all been there, money is tight, kids are going absolutely insane, house is tore up and you can only handle so much. Yes, this is the point I am at right now. I am so frustrated because it's 2 weeks til payday and there isn't enough groceries in the house, I have enough for the kids and that is what is important but damn i'm actually pretty hungry. I have lived off coffee now for like a week straight, my kids are fed this makes me happy.

I am frustrated because there is a family reunion of sorts tonight, I don't have a car and my cousin is set to pick me up. Problem, I have no money and where as my parents offered to pay for me I can't in good conscience make them pay, for one they are in about the same shape that I am and two I have a lot of stubborn pride. Though it will be nice to go and get a break from the stress around this house and enjoy a couple hours kid free.

I am at my wits end with everything, I don't know whether I am coming or going and the depression just keeps getting deeper and darker. I have no support system, only thing that keeps me hanging on is my children. Even with their arguing they are still precious to me and I couldn't leave them in a messed up situation.

I honestly for once in my life have no idea what to do. I am usually the one who keeps it together, I figure everything out, I get stuff done and everything usually works fine, not this time around though. I don't know how much more I can possibly handle, I am being looked at to solve the problems of the house. I am trying to be strong for everyone that is here and yet I feel like pulling my hair out and screaming and just giving up.

So, that is my rant for the day, sorry if it seems whiny I am just frustrated and have no one to vent to. And please don't bash on me because really I have already bashed on myself enough for all of you women combined. Thanks for listening.

UPDATE: Thank you ladies for all of your kind words and support. Honestly, when I started this rant I dont' know what I was expecting. I have read your comments and will be taking your suggestions into serious consideration. I am tearing up over here with the support you have all shown. Thank you again.

UPDATE #2: Once again, I thank all of you ladies who were encouraging, I did infact actually go out and spend time with my family. It also helped me reflect on some changes that I need to make in my life to ensure that everything is taken care of. You have all helped inspire me and lifted my spirits I truly appreciate all of you who had kind words and advice to share!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Replies (61-69):
Annettey19
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel you. We get by and have just enough, but sometimes the crappy cheap food gets a bit old. I try to save the good stuff for my son. *hugs* I hope things look up for you soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I had already been suspended off of financial aid, I live on a big hill and to get down to the bus stop with a cast and crutches was just not working to well for me. I had a hard hard time getting around like that. Now that the cast is off I plan on going out and looking for more work. I truly miss working, I hate not working.

Quoting spooky415:

why couldn't you go to school with a broken ankle?

i'd just start looking for a part-time job. even if it only 10hrs a week, its grocery money.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was working, and then was fired for bronchitis, I have been in school trying to complete my degree and then I broke my ankle. I am set to go back to school in June, but I desperately want to work. I miss working, I miss a paycheck.

Quoting spooky415:

If he's not going to work could you get a job while he watches the kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am going to start doing that with bread. Found a few recipes, have been skimming over some stuff on the internet, bread doesn't look hard to make and it looks kind of fun, can take my aggression and frustration out on the dough! I was also wondering if it's cheaper to grow my own veggies but that would take awhile I imagine :(

Quoting Anonymous:

That is tough. Coupons and make from scratch....those two will help tremendously.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have had some stuff, peanutbutter and jelly here and there but the bread goes rather quickly. 4 kids total and about 500 in stamps. Which would normally be more than enough to supplement what I already do. Problem is, unexpected medical bills, unexpected in bills in general and my daughter's father calling in constantly only getting paid once a month in his job has made it hell.

Quoting Anonymous:

Almost three weeks with no food? How many children and how much in stamps?

HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hunny I think you should take your parent's offer.. Go out have a  good time.. Get a bit of releif!

Everyone needs an out once in a while.. take the one given to you!

Hugs

spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM
did they yank your financial aid bc of your gpa?

Quoting Anonymous:

I had already been suspended off of financial aid, I live on a big hill and to get down to the bus stop with a cast and crutches was just not working to well for me. I had a hard hard time getting around like that. Now that the cast is off I plan on going out and looking for more work. I truly miss working, I hate not working.

Quoting spooky415:

i'd just start looking for a part-time job. even if it only 10hrs a week, its grocery money.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was working, and then was fired for bronchitis, I have been in school trying to complete my degree and then I broke my ankle. I am set to go back to school in June, but I desperately want to work. I miss working, I miss a paycheck.

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am going to start doing that with bread. Found a few recipes, have been skimming over some stuff on the internet, bread doesn't look hard to make and it looks kind of fun, can take my aggression and frustration out on the dough! I was also wondering if it's cheaper to grow my own veggies but that would take awhile I imagine :(

Quoting Anonymous:

That is tough. Coupons and make from scratch....those two will help tremendously.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have had some stuff, peanutbutter and jelly here and there but the bread goes rather quickly. 4 kids total and about 500 in stamps. Which would normally be more than enough to supplement what I already do. Problem is, unexpected medical bills, unexpected in bills in general and my daughter's father calling in constantly only getting paid once a month in his job has made it hell.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Yep, that and math is the ane of my existance. I had already won an appeal, infact two of them because me and math just don't click to well. I was suspended when I took precalculus and couldn't finish the course cause it went well over my head. I appealed it, got reinstated but then my car that I had broke down and I had no one that could give me a ride to school, by the time I got out of classes the busses stopped running where I live, there was no possible way of making it.

I am set to switch schools and go back in June, next fall I will be graduating for sure.

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
you were on probation for not passing one class?

here if you pass 2/3 of your coursework your financial aid is fine.

i was worried bc i was having difficulty in my developmental math class (i haven't even gotten to credit level yet lol) and looked into it, just in case.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, that and math is the ane of my existance. I had already won an appeal, infact two of them because me and math just don't click to well. I was suspended when I took precalculus and couldn't finish the course cause it went well over my head. I appealed it, got reinstated but then my car that I had broke down and I had no one that could give me a ride to school, by the time I got out of classes the busses stopped running where I live, there was no possible way of making it.

I am set to switch schools and go back in June, next fall I will be graduating for sure.

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I had been having issues for awhile all due to math. It took me 3 attempts to pass math 60, so my GPA suffered, before that the van that my parents had sold me the transmission went out on it, couldn't get to class and ended up with an even lower gpa. Got put on warning status. Failed math when I went back, but still was on warning.

Barely passed math 98, was still suffering from a low GPA they suspended me because I couldn't raise my GPA above a 2.0 I was at 1.9, got reinstated took precalculus, couldn't finish it cause it was WAY above my head and still having car issues, I think I am a magnet for car problems. Anyways, got suspended again, was reinstated. This last time around you guessed it, more car problems, couldn't finish my classes and by this time I used all of my appeals. It wasn't because I couldn't just finihs one class, it's because I was on probation, not finishing all of your classes is grounds for immediate suspension when you are on probation.

Quoting spooky415:

i was worried bc i was having difficulty in my developmental math class (i haven't even gotten to credit level yet lol) and looked into it, just in case.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Why was your GPA so low? Were you having problems in other classes?

Were any of those developmental classes? I was always under the impression that developmental don't count towards your GPA.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had been having issues for awhile all due to math. It took me 3 attempts to pass math 60, so my GPA suffered, before that the van that my parents had sold me the transmission went out on it, couldn't get to class and ended up with an even lower gpa. Got put on warning status. Failed math when I went back, but still was on warning.

Barely passed math 98, was still suffering from a low GPA they suspended me because I couldn't raise my GPA above a 2.0 I was at 1.9, got reinstated took precalculus, couldn't finish it cause it was WAY above my head and still having car issues, I think I am a magnet for car problems. Anyways, got suspended again, was reinstated. This last time around you guessed it, more car problems, couldn't finish my classes and by this time I used all of my appeals. It wasn't because I couldn't just finihs one class, it's because I was on probation, not finishing all of your classes is grounds for immediate suspension when you are on probation.

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Nope, it was just math I was having a problem with, well as far as GPA. Non college level classes count towards your over all GPA, the cumulative GPA not the college level GPA. It was math I was having a problem with, and then because I had to drop my A+ class as well as my windows class that severely affected my GPA, I had been trying to play catch up ever since.

When I finally passed math 60 I passed with a 3.5 I was extremely proud of myself and then I got in math 98 the teacher was a lazy bastard, I asked him for clarification when it came to the square roots, cubed roots so onand so forth but he never helped, always made excuses why, not only that but he relied on the other students to teach each other and gave very little instruction. I think he passed me with a 2.0 so I wouldn't have to be in his class again.

Quoting spooky415:

Why was your GPA so low? Were you having problems in other classes?

Were any of those developmental classes? I was always under the impression that developmental don't count towards your GPA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN