Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

scariest mom moment ever!! Update..

Posted by   + Show Post
I've never really had a scary mom moment until today. My husband comes flying in the door with my 4 year old yelling to get a rag. I took one look at him freaked out and fainted in the kitchen Lol. I made the situation so much worse! My son apparently stepped on a board that had a rock on it and it flew up and hit him right above his eye in his eyebrow. He was covered in blood. His whole face, all the way down his arms. My husband is on his way to get him stitches now.

Update......
he ended up with 5 stitches. And I finally got the full story...he didn't step on a board, he tried to make a rock launcher! And I have No idea why i said he was 4 he's 5 Lol.

What are some of your scariest mom moments?
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM
My oldest ds who was 18 months at the time was jumping up and down in his crib and he went to plop down and smacked his mouth of the side rail. Blood everywhere. Took me like 10 mins to calm down enough to take him to the ER. Didn't need stitches but I felt horrible the rest of the night
wolfybaby
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM
ive never actually had to go to the er or urgent care, but ive had a few scary moments. There was the time my daughter got accidentally knocked backwards and landed flat on her back and head on concrete floor (fortunately she was only 15 months, so not very tall). Then another time my daughter got a fever of 104.5 at 13 months. She was otherwise acting completely normal. But i know it couldve been bad.
PandTsmomjuly
by Florence on May. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM

When my oldest was 2 she was climbing into a chair that then turned on her. She hit her forehead squarely in the middle of the extreme corner of an antique wooden swing machine stand. I picked her up and huged her and then ulled back to look at it only to find blood dripping down her face into her eyes and all down my back. I think I screamed louder than she did at the point. My mom told me going to the ER wasn't needed but when I got there they told me it was a good thing I did. She hit so hard that she actually put a dent in her forehead :( She's 9 now and you can still clearly see the scar.

That was my first.

Another was just this past year. I was at Walmart with all 3 kids by myself and turned away from my 5 yr old son to talk to my 3 yr old. Turned back and he was GONE. I flipped. I snatched up my 3 yr old, grabbed the 9 yr old by her arm and started running through Walmart screaming his name. I got several associates looking for him and made the manager see if he could check security tapes of the doors to se if someone took him out. 20 minutes of freaking out later we found him between the exterior doors trying to get the claw machine to work.

I can honestly say I have NEVER been so terrified in my life!

tardistraveller
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

My son was in bed and he started coughing really strangely.  I went in the room to check on him and his face was turning red and he was gasping.  He gasped out "breathe" and I called 911.  I almost lost my shit.  Thankfully the 911 operator helped me keep calm by saying "I'm here mom, don't get upset, don't let him see you scared, he can't start crying."

The firemen got there first and gave him an oxygen mask and helped us stay calm until the paramedics arrived.  

On the way to the hospital the paramedic gave ds some misty stuff in a mask and he was doing better although he sounded ragged in his breathing and you could see his whole chest suck in with each breath.

DS stayed in the hospital for 4 days.  It was terrifying.  I tear up now thinking about it, I thought I was going to lose him that night.  The only thing keeping me together was the 911 operator saying in my ear "stay with me mom, it's ok, the paramedics are on their way, they'll be there soon" and such.  

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

DD is only 4.5 months old..so I don't have any yet.  Well..she tried using our dog's ear as a teether..does that count?  I didn't want her to choke on the hair lol.

I'm so glad your son (and you!) are okay!  I'm the biggest klutz and DH isn't too graceful either...our DD is doomed lol.

Tand4bears
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

My worse mommy moment was when my almost 3 yr old son was eating mini ravoli and started getting choked on it, then he started crying and sucked it down his throat and couldn't breath! I panicked, stuck my finger down his throat and swiped the big glob out. SUPER SCARY MOMENT!! I thought my baby boy was going to die!

family in the vanTand4bears

jpoveda2000
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Lol... Are you ok?? You fainted at the sight of blood on your child? I hope he will be ok... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
When my son was 21 months old he fell out of a second story window. I assumed the worst until we found him outside standing on his feet holding the screen over his head. We called 911 and when I was on the phone with the operator my son threw up I was so panicked that I saw him throwing up blood and told the operator that but it was just milk.

Ambulance came and we took him to the hospital and he ended up being perfectly fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
When ds2 was about 2 years old he hid from me under ds1's bed. I was looking for him everywhere. I noticed the front door was open and went outside looking for him. Ended up calling the police and my parents and the boys' dad. He eventually came out.
aiyess
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Did he have an ashma attack?

Quoting tardistraveller:

My son was in bed and he started coughing really strangely.  I went in the room to check on him and his face was turning red and he was gasping.  He gasped out "breathe" and I called 911.  I almost lost my shit.  Thankfully the 911 operator helped me keep calm by saying "I'm here mom, don't get upset, don't let him see you scared, he can't start crying."

The firemen got there first and gave him an oxygen mask and helped us stay calm until the paramedics arrived.  

On the way to the hospital the paramedic gave ds some misty stuff in a mask and he was doing better although he sounded ragged in his breathing and you could see his whole chest suck in with each breath.

DS stayed in the hospital for 4 days.  It was terrifying.  I tear up now thinking about it, I thought I was going to lose him that night.  The only thing keeping me together was the 911 operator saying in my ear "stay with me mom, it's ok, the paramedics are on their way, they'll be there soon" and such.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)