Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

scariest mom moment ever!! Update..

Posted by   + Show Post
I've never really had a scary mom moment until today. My husband comes flying in the door with my 4 year old yelling to get a rag. I took one look at him freaked out and fainted in the kitchen Lol. I made the situation so much worse! My son apparently stepped on a board that had a rock on it and it flew up and hit him right above his eye in his eyebrow. He was covered in blood. His whole face, all the way down his arms. My husband is on his way to get him stitches now.

Update......
he ended up with 5 stitches. And I finally got the full story...he didn't step on a board, he tried to make a rock launcher! And I have No idea why i said he was 4 he's 5 Lol.

What are some of your scariest mom moments?
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on May. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Not my kid...but I was there when it happened.  

I was at a friends house.  The kids were all playing in the water.  My friends three year old needed to go to the restroom so he went inside.  He looked out the window on the second floor and kind of leaned against the glass.  All of the sudden he was laying on the grass in the yard.  It completely knocked the wind out of him and he had a concussion. But he was fine other than that.  It was so weird that the glass just gave way. 

RainieDaze
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM

DS is only 5 months old...so there's not much to tell but up to date this is my scariest mom moment:

DS has been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months pretty much (I know, lucky me!) But he always wakes up and cries for a minute or moves around, makes SOME kind of noise like every 2 hrs even if he's still asleep. The other night I woke up at 5:30 AM, DS had made no noise, nothing, all night. I hadn't woken up once (I'm use to waking up 3-4 times a night) My heart started racing. I looked at him and he was in the EXACT SAME POSITION I laid him down in. He NEVER stays in the same position all night. So now I'm freaking out and try to calmly lay my hand on his back to check and see if he is breathing....

Of course he was. He was fine. He just slept like a rock. Still freaked me out though lol. Just one of those times when you wake up with your heart pounding and nothing feels right.

MaskedMomma
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM

my autistic agressive daughter and I were playing nicely with her sister. Out of nowhere she grabbed the back of her sisters  head and just slammed it into the doorway. called the ambulance, she needed 7 stitches each on both the inside & outside. her sister fractured her skull.blood everywhere.

a couple months later she pulled the fridge shelf down as I was setting the lunch stuff on the table, she grabbed a piece of broken glass and shanked her sister on the sholder. 9 more stitches.

a couple of months later we sent her to live with her birth father after she again attempted to murder her sister. She tried to suffercate her half brother in his crib by sitting on him,  and later just walked up to him and gave him a bloody nose. he sent her to live with my mom. where she's lived for almost two years now. 

ALWsMomma
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I have two. My oldest was born with his cord around his neck. They called for an emergency c-sectionI told them I wanted to push one more time, they let me. His head came out, the doctor cut the cord while Ds body was still in me them ripped him the rest of the way out. Giving me the worst trerars the Dr had ever seen. Took for ever to get Ds breathing

D's my oldest again was 2 and eating in the car. (He hasn't since) he started choking and I didn't notice until he was turning blue.I had to go through a lane of traffic pull him out of the car seat and do the himlick (so?) On the side of the road in the middle of a thunder storm. No one pulled over to help. He finally puked all over me. We went to the Er covered in vomit and rain, they made sure he was ok. But I still have nightmares
CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM

When my daughter was like 18 months she fell off the couch while I was playing with her. She got the wind knocked out of her so she couldn't catch her breath and her face was all red. She couldn't get the sound out. I ran upstairs with her, crying and screaming for my husband to wake up, and of course by the time I got to him and he looked at her she was able to catch her breath and was ok other than being upset. It was scary though, I cried for a while after that.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM
When my son had RSV. He got admitted to the hospital, suddenly stopped breathing, alarms going off everywhere and a bunch of people rushing in. He had to be transferred to another hospital. He was only 5 weeks old. I was terrified. I've never been so scared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLacey
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM

My oldest decided he was going to play pick up with my daughter's binkie. She'd drop it, he'd pick it up, etc. Well somehow, it went from his pocket to he lost it, so he starts looking all over the floor underneath the shelves at WalMart for it, and takes off. I had to go up to the front desk, they called a Code Adam, and let me tell you, I couldn't decide whether to beat the snot out of him for taking off, or take him for ice cream for not leaving with anyone. Scared me to death, and I couldn't remember what he was wearing and it just made it harder.

THANKFULLY when I found out he had Asperger's, I had started teaching him to look for people with name tags for the stores we were at to get help 

AmericanChild82
by on May. 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southwind720
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM
My son was 2 and spent the night with my husband (we were separated & slowly working things out). My son had really bad asthma and his dad was smoking in the same room as him. He called me at 4 am and said that my son was having an asthma attack. I drove over there and rushed my son to the er. (did not call an ambulance because it was out in the middle of nowhere)

My son's oxygen sat was 40. They worked on him for 3 hours and could not get his oxygen sat above 70. He has to be airlifted to children's hospital in Albuquerque. He spent 6 days in PICU.

I filed for divorce the day I got back from the hospital with my son. He is now a healthy 14 year old & has outgrown his asthma.
ash522
by on May. 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Are you talking about the youngest? Oldest had an allergic reaction. We did take him in & they said everything checked out. Nobody has ever mentioned seizures before. I just googled it, hmmmmmm. I guess I have always assumed you would see the twitching & shaking but I guess not. Thank you for mentioning it. It's not happened since but I will mention it to his doctor. 

Quoting rgba:

Have you had your DS checked out? Those sound like seizures to me.

Quoting ash522:

About 2 months ago my oldest DS (7) came out of his room around 10 pm saying he didn't feel well. He has a really sensitive stomach so I told him to lay on the couch with me for a bit until he felt better. Less than 5 minutes later he was throwing up. Thinking to myself maybe the flu or a bug. Then I look at him & he's turning red- like lobster red from head to toe. And his skin is hot, very hot. His face starts swelling & he's starting to get hives. I gave him some Benadryl & called our nurse hot line & she walked me through everything. We ended up taking him to the ER and he was fine but they said getting the Benadryl in him when I did was key. He could have gotten much worse. It was super scary.

This past fall, we had all just woke up & were sitting in the living room, our youngest DS (2) passed out for no reason. He was sitting on the couch & then nothing. Limp as a rag. Eyes closed- I though he died. I started crying & screaming. My DH picked him up & tried to get a response but nothing. I started slapping his cheeks (not hard, but to try & get him to snap out of it, kwim) and he finally started to come around. He ended up doing that twice in one week. I'm pretty sure I lost years off my life from that. At first we just thought he was pouting because that's what he'll do, he goes limp & won't look at you. But there was no reason for him to pout so we knew something else was wrong. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)