Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

scariest mom moment ever!! Update..

Posted by   + Show Post
I've never really had a scary mom moment until today. My husband comes flying in the door with my 4 year old yelling to get a rag. I took one look at him freaked out and fainted in the kitchen Lol. I made the situation so much worse! My son apparently stepped on a board that had a rock on it and it flew up and hit him right above his eye in his eyebrow. He was covered in blood. His whole face, all the way down his arms. My husband is on his way to get him stitches now.

Update......
he ended up with 5 stitches. And I finally got the full story...he didn't step on a board, he tried to make a rock launcher! And I have No idea why i said he was 4 he's 5 Lol.

What are some of your scariest mom moments?
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
LuckyNLoved
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

When I lived with my parents after my daughter turned one She decided that she wanted her rocking horse out of her room and in the living room(down a flight of stairs). My sister was watching her because I was in the bathroom and I heard her say, if you can carry it down you can play with it there(She HATED that rocking horse). As soon as I heard that I started running because I knew she would try. I caught her halfway down the stairs. My sister had the nerve to laugh. Needless to say, my kids don't spend time with her alone anymore.

Lovemybabyboy09
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM
My son was bouncing on the back of the sofa and flipped himself over onto the hard wood floor. And didn't get up. And didn't cry. Thankfully I wasn't alone. I screamed for my mom(who is a nurse) to come check on him.
missmamaof4
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Lol I have never fainted from blood before. I think it was the mixture of so much blood and being so scared.

Quoting jpoveda2000:

Lol... Are you ok?? You fainted at the sight of blood on your child? I hope he will be ok... 

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

aww hun I hope he is ok

mommybecky
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM
The second time was when my 2nd dd was born. She had a nuchal cord (around her neck), and it was half the length of a normal cord. She literally strangles herself as she was born. She had to be resuscitated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corina1987
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
With my own, so far the scariest moment was when I started bleeding whille only a few weeks pregnant. Rushed to the hospital thinking miscarriage. Turned out everything was ok and they don't know why it happened. It continued to happen atleast one day each month throughout my pregnancy. He came out fine and is almost 3 months now:)

When I was a pre school teacher a boy tipped his chair over,hitting his head on the table behind him. Blood was all over the floor and his head. I held his head to stop the bleeding and rushed him to get help. He had to get staples and came back that same day. His mom said she was already used to him getting hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Not me but a family friends daughter in law was cleaning while her baby slept. She was 8-9 months and sleeping on a bed. DIL moved the bed against the wall (with a window) so she could clean under it. Walked out of the room to throw some stuff out. Walked back in and the baby had woken up and and was standing up against the window banging on the screen. DIL jumped for her and just missed her as the screen fell out of the window and she fell 2 stories on to the drive way!!!! I believe she needed stitches but didn't break anything!
Corina1987
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Wow that's scary. I'm glad she's ok!

Quoting mommybecky:

The second time was when my 2nd dd was born. She had a nuchal cord (around her neck), and it was half the length of a normal cord. She literally strangles herself as she was born. She had to be resuscitated.

rjmac88
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Break through bleeding. When women say they had a period their whole pregnancy. That's what is was

Quoting Corina1987:

With my own, so far the scariest moment was when I started bleeding whille only a few weeks pregnant. Rushed to the hospital thinking miscarriage. Turned out everything was ok and they don't know why it happened. It continued to happen atleast one day each month throughout my pregnancy. He came out fine and is almost 3 months now:)

When I was a pre school teacher a boy tipped his chair over,hitting his head on the table behind him. Blood was all over the floor and his head. I held his head to stop the bleeding and rushed him to get help. He had to get staples and came back that same day. His mom said she was already used to him getting hurt.
jpoveda2000
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Lol... Funny... I'm glad you and he are fine... Be prepared.... You may see more blood in the future.... Don't faint next time... Be the super om that comes to the rescue!! Smile....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)