Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

scariest mom moment ever!! Update..

Posted by   + Show Post
I've never really had a scary mom moment until today. My husband comes flying in the door with my 4 year old yelling to get a rag. I took one look at him freaked out and fainted in the kitchen Lol. I made the situation so much worse! My son apparently stepped on a board that had a rock on it and it flew up and hit him right above his eye in his eyebrow. He was covered in blood. His whole face, all the way down his arms. My husband is on his way to get him stitches now.

Update......
he ended up with 5 stitches. And I finally got the full story...he didn't step on a board, he tried to make a rock launcher! And I have No idea why i said he was 4 he's 5 Lol.

What are some of your scariest mom moments?
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
missmamaof4
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
My kid choked on a quarter also! I know the child Heimlich though so was able to get it out fast sooo scary.

Quoting nbgg8687:

I've had a few. my son choked on a quarter... like full fleged stuck in his throat. 30 seconds I was getting so scared I couldn't get it out and trying to think of ways to call 911 and keep trying to get it out. Then he got a concussion falling out of a grocery cart head first. my daughter drank diluted bleach... but was fine. the hospital was very kind to me lol... lets just say I was having a serious melt down. there's more. just don't want to display all of my mother of the day awards around lol

livric
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I have been through this  with DS many times!!  many emergency calls (ours is 000 ) late night ambo's.  The day my FIL passed away DS got croup again and while DH was with his family, FIL passed away at home I had to rush Eric up to the hospital and he ended up being there for nearly a week.   There where a couple of times that we really thought that it would be a double funeral!!  (DS is special needs with breathing difficulties)  it was a horrible time.   MIL buried her husband and then went to the hospital to see her very ill grandson  :(    it still brings tears to my eyes it was so bad!!   Oh and FIL was buried December 23rd!!!    not a happy Christmas

Quoting tardistraveller:

Oh, yea it turned out to be croup, which triggered an asthma attack.  They kept him in hospital until the croup ran it's course because they were worried about him having another asthma attack.

Running to the ER for croup ended up being a regular occurance until he was about 6 yr old.  Although that first time was the scariest and the worst episode.

Quoting aiyess:

Did he have an ashma attack?

Quoting tardistraveller:

My son was in bed and he started coughing really strangely.  I went in the room to check on him and his face was turning red and he was gasping.  He gasped out "breathe" and I called 911.  I almost lost my shit.  Thankfully the 911 operator helped me keep calm by saying "I'm here mom, don't get upset, don't let him see you scared, he can't start crying."

The firemen got there first and gave him an oxygen mask and helped us stay calm until the paramedics arrived.  

On the way to the hospital the paramedic gave ds some misty stuff in a mask and he was doing better although he sounded ragged in his breathing and you could see his whole chest suck in with each breath.

DS stayed in the hospital for 4 days.  It was terrifying.  I tear up now thinking about it, I thought I was going to lose him that night.  The only thing keeping me together was the 911 operator saying in my ear "stay with me mom, it's ok, the paramedics are on their way, they'll be there soon" and such.  

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM
4 moms liked this

My heart dropped out of my chest when the doctors told me my son would most likely not survive the night when he was born. 

He will be 8 in August!

missmamaof4
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I just got off the phone with him, he said his nurse is cute , he's eating Popsicles and they have better cartoons Lol I think he's doing good

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

aww hun I hope he is ok

Alyia72
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM
When my eldest was just over a year and a half she managed to sneak in our bedroom and climbed our dresser drawers (tall dresser) she knocked it over on top of herself...I heard the crash and went running my heart I swear stopped beating....she was ok a lil banged up the bed took most of the weight of the dresser...I sat on the floor and cried for a long time...
kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

lol well that is good

Quoting missmamaof4:

I just got off the phone with him, he said his nurse is cute , he's eating Popsicles and they have better cartoons Lol I think he's doing good

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

aww hun I hope he is ok

ashli488
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM

when dd was 2 she was jumping on the bed i told her to stop and when she jumped down one last tme she fell off the bed and bent her head and neck backwards. i thought she broke her neck at first

angelmommy2
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM
My little brother ran in while I was studying saying my oldest ds got hit in the head with a rock. He followed in behind holding his head covered in blood. My schoolwork went flying and grabbed up ds. Sat him on the table long enough to rip off my sweatshirt and wrappped it around his head and off to the er we went. Five hours later and three stitches a concussion and whole to the bone we were home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I'm sorry. I know this is something bad that happened to your kid, but I couldn't stop laughing. I wasn't laughing that your kid got cut though.

Quoting Mrsangeltoes:

I asked my mother to keep an eye on my son while I took a crap. She is addicted to tv so get pissed ANYTIME I ask her to keep an eye on anyone of my kids. I was 21 and still living at home. My one year old got into the trash can and cut his finger on a can. I didn't even have time to wipe my ass before my mom started screaming at me and blaming me the whole way to the hospital. Was a horrible day
missmamaof4
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Some of these make me feel silly being so scared of simple little stitches. I'm sorry mamas!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)