Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

birth control advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I got pregnant on the pill with my first kid so after i had her i got on the depo shot i was on it for 4years no problems. Then i stopped it because my dh and i decided to have a baby. It took me a year to get pregnant. After i had my second kid I went back on the shot.

I have been on it for about 9months now and I am not happy with the wait gang(almost 40lbs now)i also have been forgetting to go and get it on time.

I am looking for a new birth control options i would like to be on one that stops my periods(thats the one thing i like about the depo shot) it also has to be covered under medacade.

Any one have any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I had Mirena for 5 years and no periods.  Not sure if it is covered by medicaid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Did it hurt when they put it in? How did they do it? How long does it last? Sorry for so many questions i dont know much about it or any birth control other then the pill and the depo shot

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I had Mirena for 5 years and no periods.  Not sure if it is covered by medicaid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Bump?
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM
No help here, I use the patch and that causes periods.
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM

A little cramping, but it's very quick.  They just use a catheter like thing and insert it into the uterus.  It's no more uncomfortable than a regular pap smear.  Mirena last for 5 years, but there are others on the market that can last for 10. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did it hurt when they put it in? How did they do it? How long does it last? Sorry for so many questions i dont know much about it or any birth control other then the pill and the depo shot

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Thank you for your advice. :-)

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

A little cramping, but it's very quick.  They just use a catheter like thing and insert it into the uterus.  It's no more uncomfortable than a regular pap smear.  Mirena last for 5 years, but there are others on the market that can last for 10. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Bump please i need ideas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)