Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby poop and corn - a weird question ladies!

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am waiting for a phone call back from our doctor.

This is a poop question!! So obviously TMI!

DS had corn and red pepper for dinner last Sunday. He has been constipated all damn week and its hurting us all. Today, he finally went a little and it had corn and red pepper in it. It took a week for it to pass through?

This isn't normal right? He does have malrotation of his intestines but doctors weren't worried about it. I'm starting to think his constipation issue is because of the malrotation. No matter what we feed him he is always backed up. Our pedi doesn't want to give him miralax yet so he told us to give him pear and prune. Nope. Not working.

We finally got him to drink water throughout the day but its still a hassle.

Does anybody have any tips for me? Have you gone through something like this???

My poor baby is so uncomfortable. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Sorry for any typos!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Ask about Lacutose. My DS had serious constipation issues and he had to use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabbyP.
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM
White grape juice always worked for mine. Would he eat bran for breakfast? Or mini wheats? Those are super high fiber and always worked for us. Sorry your little one is going through this :( My 5 year old is on Rx Miralax because his gets so bad it causes high fevers.
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
We've tried every juice and still nothing. He is only a year so mini wheats wouldn't be a good idea. He gets oatmeal for breakfast every morning with fruit mixed in. I've never had bran, is it like oatmeal??
Fevers?? Oh goodness your poor guy! :( it's heartbreaking to see them so uncomfortable.

Quoting GabbyP.:

White grape juice always worked for mine. Would he eat bran for breakfast? Or mini wheats? Those are super high fiber and always worked for us. Sorry your little one is going through this :( My 5 year old is on Rx Miralax because his gets so bad it causes high fevers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabbyP.
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM
If you let the mini wheats get mushy it's fine for them. Bran is the flakes that are in raisin bran. Just let that get mushy too. I would use both on my Ds when he was younger. It helped a bit. My Ds was put on that Rx at 1.5yrs.

Quoting Ninjabubble:

We've tried every juice and still nothing. He is only a year so mini wheats wouldn't be a good idea. He gets oatmeal for breakfast every morning with fruit mixed in. I've never had bran, is it like oatmeal??

Fevers?? Oh goodness your poor guy! :( it's heartbreaking to see them so uncomfortable.

Quoting GabbyP.:

Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Ok I will try it! Who knows it may just be the trick! Our doctor really doesn't want him on anymore prescriptions. But this is just getting old and very sad :(

Quoting GabbyP.:

If you let the mini wheats get mushy it's fine for them. Bran is the flakes that are in raisin bran. Just let that get mushy too. I would use both on my Ds when he was younger. It helped a bit. My Ds was put on that Rx at 1.5yrs.

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Quoting GabbyP.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Well if he hasn't been pooping it's gonna stay in there so yeah that's normal :/
GabbyP.
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I hope it works! I'll try to think of other things I did for him. There is always giving an actual prune instead of the juice. It's more potent that way. Try the bran cereal! That's a natural stool softener. Decrease dairy too. Dairy constipates you (unless you're lactose intolerant then it's the opposite)

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Ok I will try it! Who knows it may just be the trick! Our doctor really doesn't want him on anymore prescriptions. But this is just getting old and very sad :(

Quoting GabbyP.:

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Quoting GabbyP.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)