Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gonna have to subpoena ex's baby momma

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

So DD is almost 17 and came forward during her counseling and admitted that she'd been concealing that her sperm donor (my dh adopted her when she was very young, sperm donor abandoned us) abused her while I was at work. Serious stuff- and the statute of limitations doesn't run out for a few years. But since ex has another child that we know of (who, ironically, is nearly the same age as dd when she was abused), we found out we have to subpoena the mother of that child as part of our case. We'd hoped to avoid it, but our attorney called us at home today, on a Sunday, no less, to confirm. She's gonna get a shock- I've tried to talk to her before but she ignored me. I guess she just didn't believe it. She'll sure as hell have to now. If she'd have contacted me directly we could have gotten an affadavit from her, but oh well. So, now I wonder what this will be like. I hope they hang ex by his cajones (not that he has any- he's a coward) for what he did! Anybody else find out their child was abused later in life? Did you have to involve other people? I know this is gonna take a lot of time but I wish it could just be over with.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
How old was your dd when it happened?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Three, and she's always had a frighteningly sharp memory. She's told me about things in the past that there is no way she should remember from when she was even younger, but she does. But she's ALWAYS hated closets. And it turns out she was locked in one with no food, sometimes drugged with Nyquil, so her bio father could entertain guests or play on the computer while I was away. No wonder she hates closets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)