Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Is Something That You Tried To Cook And It Turned Out

Posted by   + Show Post

So bad, that you had to throw it away?

by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
The funniest part was that DS actually scarfed down 2 plates of it. He didn't seem to notice how spicy it was at all.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Anonymous:

I made chicken tetrizini (I spelled that wrong) for DH once and got distracted by DS, 2 at the time, getting into the dog food. I ended up putting 1/8 cup of red pepper flakes in it instead of 1/8 cup of diced red pepper. It was good but so spicy I had to throw it away, we weren't able to eat it. We still laugh about it and DS is almost 6 years old. 

That would be pretty spicy alright. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I burned stew once.. I had put it on and got caught up in measuring and cutting drywall, and it burned, ruined the whole thing.

TugBoatMama
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was first learning how to cook, we threw out a lot of things I made.

tecsabates
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Worst thing I can think of right now is the time I forgot to put the little mixing paddle in the pan for my bread machine when I tried to make a loaf one day. Didn't realize it till it was on the bake cycle and I noticed it smelled funny :(
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Rice, everytime I try to cook it.

yikesitsmindy
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Rice, I have left things in the crock pot too long, I had some potatoes on my sun porch that froze, but I thought they would still be ok for mashed potatoes. YUCK.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on May. 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this

It was a recipe out of a cookbook that I really like. I've tried the majority of the recipes in this book and they were good, but this Italian rolled spinach stuffed steak was inedible! It was years ago, even before kids. My ex and I had a good laugh and threw it all in the trash and went to McD's. Ah, the thrills of being a newlywed and learning how to cook! LOL!!

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
1) Bread. I figured I could save a ton of money making bread instead of buying it. I made several bread bricks (that smelled like beer) and decided to clip coupons.

2) lactose free Mac and cheese. There is lactose free cheese and milk. But the cheese I guess isn't made the same because when I tried to melt a block of it I ended up with a hard glob in the bottom of a sauce pan full of milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on May. 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

me too. I've tried rinsing and not rinsing. Stirring and not lifting the lid. I even found a recipe to bake it, but I cannot cook rice. It was ok my first marriage, i just used Minute Rice. But my second marriage, his first wife cooked Chinese food on a regular basis and he was used to real rice and really didn't like the Minute Rice. So he bought me a Rice Cooker and I've never had a problem since!

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Rice, everytime I try to cook it.

Hellobabies
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My worse cooking story is also my most hysterical.

We invited a bunch of friends over to watch a football game, it was about 25 people. I decided I was going to make a bunch of finger foods to snack on and then a huge pot of loaded baked potato soup for dinner. Everyone comes over and is munching on the finger foods while waiting for the soup to finish, now what makes this story funnier is my husband raved about my potato soup because I have made it for years and he loves it, so everyone is really looking forward to it. It finally finishes cooking and everyone makes them a bowl of it and gets settled. I look over at my DH and I see the oddest look come across his face, and then I notice everyone else making similar faces, trying awful hard not to be rude. So I went and tasted it, OMG...it was then that I had noticed that in my rush to get everything done, I had mixed up my flour and powdered sugar canisters. Now it is a big joke, but at the time, I wanted to cry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)