Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There I said it any questions?

Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember:
Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Replies (101-108):
-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
That really wasn't worth hiding for.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are so annoying

Quoting -_-:

How old am I? How tall am I? What color are my toenails? What's your favorite thing about me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Is that Katherine Heigl?

Quoting MamaRae85:

MamaRae85
by *you're on May. 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM

lol No, but I can actually see the resemblance, now that you mention it! It's actually Rachel McAdams.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that Katherine Heigl?

Quoting MamaRae85:

twade26
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM

LMAO I love this response.

Quoting Adensmommy760:

I have white in me every night, should I be a proud white too?

Quoting shyone_91786:

Yeah I am my mom is white and my dad was mixed so yes I do have white in me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummmm your not white.

crumpy_gat
by No. on May. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Whatever, I'm not reading all that. The point is that no one should feel ashamed of their skin color or race.

Quoting Matthea:

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Good, everyone should be proud of who they are.

Quoting MalloryR:

I am very much proud to be white. Why not have pride in what you are?

What you are is not an achievement.  It's nonsensical to be proud of being tall, or a midget, or 'white' (more on that in a second), just as it would be nonsensical to be proud of being born on a Tuesday, or having 7 letters in your name.

It makes sense to be thankful, appreciative, or to promote acceptance of yourself and others - including promoting self-acceptance and an absence of shame or subjugation (like promoting 'female pride' for women who have escaped fundamentalist Islam or Christianity where they may have been taught to be ashamed, or 'gay pride' to combat systematic shaming of homosexuals) - but in those instances 'pride' is used as a shorthand, to refer to being able to hold one's head up high, and demand equal respect and treatment, and not be considered 'less than'.  'Whites' are not a group at all, let alone a persecuted or shamed one, so the concept of 'white pride' in this context is also a nonsensical one.

Furthermore, there are very, very few people in this world who can honestly call themselves 'white' - just as there are also very few (definitely <5%, possibly <1%) who can reasonably call themselves 'black'.  My background is mostly Polish, Irish and English, so my skin is a light peachy colour with light brown freckles.  Most of the people who falsely call themselves 'white' are some shade of peach, tan or light brown.  Most of the people who falsely call themselves 'black' are in fact brown of some shade.

As to the original poster...  Are you trying to make a joke?  If you mix white (peach) and dark brown, that doesn't make white (peach), that makes brown, and that's what you are in your avatar.  Have I mentioned that it's meaningless though?

I saved the lives of multiple kids/people even before I reached 18, and a few since then as well (vigilante humanitarian work against child and human trafficking), and in more recent years I've been a good friend and family member to a small group of people I care about, and try to brighten the lives of others in various ways as I go about living my life - that's what I'm proud of.

Is a low melanin level really all you have to work with?  Do something with your life you can be proud of, then maybe you won't
have to resort to congratulating yourself on arbitrary aspects of your
biology.  :/

Matthea
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Quoting crumpy_gat:

Whatever, I'm not reading all that. The point is that no one should feel ashamed of their skin color or race.

lol...  "Awww, reading is HARRRDD"

If you're not willing to discuss issues that take more than ~140 characters to delve into, perhaps you should stick to YouTube comments or Twitter.  I addressed your point in my post above, so I see no need to repeat myself.

P.S: OMG ladies, it's two-legged pride week! *rolls eyes* ;)

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM

You don't look white in your avatar.

crumpy_gat
by No. on May. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
No, you're just taking it way more seriously than I am. I said it's good that she's proud of herself, and you want to make it a theory for college application. How bout no.

Quoting Matthea:

Quoting crumpy_gat:

lol...  "Awww, reading is HARRRDD"

If you're not willing to discuss issues that take more than ~140 characters to delve into, perhaps you should stick to YouTube comments or Twitter.  I addressed your point in my post above, so I see no need to repeat myself.

P.S: OMG ladies, it's two-legged pride week! *rolls eyes* ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)