Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Outside of "their" race.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 277 Replies

Would you ever disown your kids or be upset with them if they dated/married or had kids with somone that was outside of their "skin color"? my friend's mom disowns her granddaughter because hse is hlaf white and half mexican, so i was wondering what other people thought about that. Was your parents like that with you?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 27, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I am not sure if my parents would have. But I wouldn't care if my daughter did, she's mixed herself.
KME3
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I don't have a problem mixing races. My oldest is half Mexican...
tardistraveller
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:11 AM

lol no, I know it happens, but I don't really understand it.

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol  I'm Jamaican-African-American and married a Erou-"mutt" man and adopted hispanic daughters. So; o I wouldn't care if my children dated/married outside their race. As long as they treat my daughters right I don't care what color they are.

And I was adopted by a AA mom and a White dad; who alsoo adopted an Black-Thai child and a Black-Native American Child... So they didn't care what color I dated and married either; all they cared about was that he treated me right.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 27, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I have a baby and am in a trlationship with a black man. My parents didn't like it when we stated dating. My dad hated him at the beginning and refused to meet him until they realized I really loved him. They are Mexican and old school lol. They love him now.

I don't care woo my children date. As long a they make them happy and do not abuse or hurt then
lovnmy3boys
by Paula on May. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I'm pretty mixed myself ;) oh, and no... My son is dating an Asian American girl who is just a sweetheart. 

tysmommy98
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM
My father was like that. He made his own mother give up her friend because he was black.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM

My mom is like that. I'm not.

AJ-47
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely not. My Gramps hated when I dated a mixed guy in high school; it made me so angry. Skin color is just another thing that makes us individuals. =]
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I doubt my parents would care and neither would i

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)