Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ugh. weight issues...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I know I'm overweight. I know I gained about 30 pounds when I was pregnant.

I don't feel like I'm extremely big though. I don't even look that big when I look at my own body or when I look in a mirror.... so please explain to me WHY I look gigantic in pictures?

Am I as big as I look in pictures or am I the way I see myself in the mirror? *sigh* vent over...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Some people don't photograph well. You have to find your best angles and wear clothes that slim you. 

You are the way you see yourself in the mirror :). I think I look great in the mirror; but I see a photo and unless I was posing I think I look horrible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I just look huge in photos. It doesn't matter what angle honestly. Plus I look like I have a double chin.

I don't look like that in the middle at all so I hope you're right!

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Some people don't photograph well. You have to find your best angles and wear clothes that slim you. 

You are the way you see yourself in the mirror :). I think I look great in the mirror; but I see a photo and unless I was posing I think I look horrible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I guess I'm the only one that feels this way? :(
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:29 AM

You may just not photgraph well; I know I don't; I get maybe 1 good shot out of ever 10. And part of it I'm sure is that you are being hard on yourself :).

Quoting Anonymous:

I just look huge in photos. It doesn't matter what angle honestly. Plus I look like I have a double chin.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM
That may be true. I've never photographed well...even when I was smaller.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

You may just not photgraph well; I know I don't; I get maybe 1 good shot out of ever 10. And part of it I'm sure is that you are being hard on yourself :).

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:32 AM
No, I don't photograph well most of the time, and even when I'm at my best and I know it I can still come out looking chunky in pictures. Especially ones where I'm really smiling and it's straight on, my face just looks fat.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess I'm the only one that feels this way? :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 27, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I hate most photos of myself!! Like PP said, unless I'm "posing" I look awful in pictures! I have recently lost some weight and notice I carry myself better and think I look better in the photos I make myself take (hubby is deployed so asks for tons of them) so a lot of it may be confidence! I'm sure you look fine!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 27, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Photos tell the truth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:35 AM
That's what I always thought. I just don't understand why I look so different in mirrors.

Quoting Anonymous:

Photos tell the truth.

SadeAyosmom
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:37 AM

some women are pregnant all over and just bloat

with DD i was a bloated mess... it was horrible. i didnt even take preg pics

DS oh man i looked like a pregnancy model i was a twig with a bump society seems to prefer that.

both are beautiful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)