Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If Anyone Would Know You Ladies Would

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My husband would like to adopt my children. So I am curious as to about how much are we looking at for court fees, lawyers and whatnot. It will be in WV if that matters. The biosperm will sign over his rights with no issues.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 27, 2013 at 2:43 AM

My wife will legally be adopting the baby I'm carrying after she's born, our donor will sign over his final rights. The lawyer promised to come in under 5k with fees.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Wow that seems like alot. Though it sounds like your case is a lil different than mine so that may be why yours seems so high.

Quoting wkukid:

My wife will legally be adopting the baby I'm carrying after she's born, our donor will sign over his final rights. The lawyer promised to come in under 5k with fees.

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 27, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I would call a lawyer and see what they can tell you and Or you could google.
shymomof4
by Kristyn on May. 27, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I have no idea.  Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 2:50 AM

It really depends on your county and court fees and the layer. My friend just paid about $2,000. Also in WV, Wood county.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Tried google with not much luck which brought me here. I think thats what I may do is wait till Tuesday and start calling around. Thank you

Quoting SJG1013:

I would call a lawyer and see what they can tell you and Or you could google.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 27, 2013 at 2:52 AM

It's a very similar situation except you have a husband and I have a wife. Different states do charge differently though, the only way to know for sure would be to get a consultation with a lawyer. Ours is very clean cut because our donor(aka biodad) already signed an agreement before I got pregnant. My wife's company covers the adoption charges so we aren't actually out any money.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow that seems like alot. Though it sounds like your case is a lil different than mine so that may be why yours seems so high.

Quoting wkukid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Awesome thank you for the input.

Quoting Anonymous:

It really depends on your county and court fees and the layer. My friend just paid about $2,000. Also in WV, Wood county.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I was actually referring to the donor as being the part that is different not your wife. That is great that her company covers it congrats to you and her.

Quoting wkukid:

It's a very similar situation except you have a husband and I have a wife. Different states do charge differently though, the only way to know for sure would be to get a consultation with a lawyer. Ours is very clean cut because our donor(aka biodad) already signed an agreement before I got pregnant. My wife's company covers the adoption charges so we aren't actually out any money.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)