Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow I guess I'm a horrible mom

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 37 Replies
8 moms liked this
After reading many post about what mothers give their children I must have missed getting that rule book. My 2 yr old ds eats Mac and cheese from the box, he's had sweets, hamburger helper, and.....wait for it.....fast food! Oh the horror! But he's far from over weight and healthy as can be. Oh forgot to mention I ff him and ff his younger brother, I vax, all that jazz. Now I'm not bashing on moms who choose not to do what I do. I think everyone parents differently. But I do see a lot of moms like me getting ripped to shreds and I ask how is that fair? Unless you neglect and/or abuse your children then your not doing anything wrong. So why try to tear down other moms because they don't have the same parenting styles?
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
7 moms liked this

You know what? I just simply ignore those posts where people criticize another's parenting choices. It's none of their business what I do. My kids are essentially healthy and too each their own. I'm sure they do things others probably don't approve of either so no one really has the room to talk. How a child is parented are personal choices. 

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on May. 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I think some members hunt for posts where they can rip some mommy a new one!  I wouldn't sweat it, but if you post about it be prepared to be judged for it...seems to be the law of the jungle around here :)

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I guess im with you.

We are about to stop for fast food breakfast.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Ok.

Who cares?

Seriously live and let live
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on May. 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Because they like to make themselves feel superior? LOL I don't know. I don't care how other people choose to parent their kids, and I'm sure those holier than thou mothers do things I don't approve of too. How boring would the world be if we all did the exact same thing?

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM
It only happens in cafemom world.
metalmomma86
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM

My 15 year old would literally die of starvation without mac and cheese from a box and frozen chicken nuggets. And occasionally McDonalds.
While I will make nuggets and mac and cheese myself sometimes(homemade), no way in hell am I making it all the time.
I just look at it like, I have 2 teens, they eat like crap once in awhile.They are healthy and I haven't killed them. Points for me! If someone doesn't like it, they can bite me. :)
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

He may not be overweight now but you are setting him up for poor eating habits which will effect him as he gets older.

If he isn't eating any real/whole foods then he isn't getting the proper nutrition he needs either.

QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I agree with you on all the bashing that goes on.

BUT I don't agree that everyone should just shut up about things like this. I'm all for spreading information and giving advice. My parenting decisions and thoughts are based on facts and research, and I like to give people that information. It does bother me if people choose to ignore the information, but I understand that people choose what they care about.

Neglect and abuse are not the only things a parent can do wrong, and other people's parenting choices matter because their children matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe half of these women that says their children are eating healthy all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)