Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For mothers with kids less than 2 years apart. PSA.

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 177 Replies
15 moms liked this

Lately I've seen a lot of posts from mothers with babies/children that are really close in age, they are usually complaining about how hard it is to have two under two. They complain that they can't leave their house alone with them because it is too hard, they can't take their older children to any activities, and they can't run errands without help.

It is all in their heads, they've told themselves so many times that it is too hard, they can't do it alone and now they are too afraid to try.

I have two children that are 12 months apart and my husband was deployed when they were babies. Those babies and I went everywhere and I mean everywhere. I've even flown with them, by myself; I've taken 12+ hour road trips with them...by myself. It is all about just making the decision to do it and just doing it.

We used several different techniques. Most of the time we used a double stroller, for shorter trips I put the youngest in a front pack/sling and the oldest in a smaller stroller. When they were both walking I used harnesses for them and we invested in a sit & stand stroller for longer trips.

It can be done ladies. No more excuses. Get out there and live life to the fullest, show those babies the world around them. Every trip will get easier and easier as you practice and find what works and what doesn't work. You decided to have these children so close together so it is time to step up and be the mother they deserve!

busy mom

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM

BUMP!

whooperz
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you want s sticker?
Rileyscute
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM
3 moms liked this

I had twins..so I am not sure I get the hub bub..Just takes a little more planning I suppose

aimlee
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree. my children are 17 months apart and at first it was really hard, but I got my own routine and figured what worked for us. now when dh tags along it throws us off and its like he is in the way lol but sometimes it is hard to do things with my daughter because my son is still too young to participate.

kgsharber
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM

"Its all in their heads" 

Seriously STFU. 

How do you know this? Are you in their lives? 

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I agree! It's hard but definitely doable!
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM
My ex mil had 6.. all 12 to 18 months apart
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quoting Rileyscute:

I had twins..so I am not sure I get the hub bub..Just takes a little more planning I suppose

Exactly! I wanted twins but I settled for 12 months apart! =D

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM
3 moms liked this

That ain't nothing. I did all that you did with THREE kids under 2. lol

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol!! Every time my husband goes shopping with us I get so frustrated! I seriously do better with 3 kids by myself than with 3 kids and my husband haha

Quoting aimlee:

i agree. my children are 17 months apart and at first it was really hard, but I got my own routine and figured what worked for us. now when dh tags along it throws us off and its like he is in the way lol but sometimes it is hard to do things with my daughter because my son is still too young to participate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)