Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a way to start the day...

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 13 Replies

Woke up to a torrential, and unforcasted, downpour with pea-sized hail. I had to run out with no rain coat (don't have one), and put my plants in the shed. 

The cold rain triggered my Raynaud's disease, and I still can't feel my toes.

I need a blanket and a big mug of hot cocoa.

by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Definition By Mayo Clinic staff Raynaud's (ray-NOHZ) disease is a condition that causes some areas of your body — such as your fingers, toes, the tip of your nose and your ears — to feel numb and cool in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas. Women are more likely to have Raynaud's disease. It's also more common in people who live in colder climates. Treatment of Raynaud's disease depends on its severity and whether you have any other health conditions. For most people, Raynaud's disease is more a nuisance than a disability.

And then....

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I know what Raynaud's disease is, thank you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Definition By Mayo Clinic staff Raynaud's (ray-NOHZ) disease is a condition that causes some areas of your body — such as your fingers, toes, the tip of your nose and your ears — to feel numb and cool in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas. Women are more likely to have Raynaud's disease. It's also more common in people who live in colder climates. Treatment of Raynaud's disease depends on its severity and whether you have any other health conditions. For most people, Raynaud's disease is more a nuisance than a disability.

And then....

LovelyCorrupt
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
My mom has raynauds phenomena. One of her fingers turns white and rubbery looking, super crazy to see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MayBeeIAm
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Well get warm mamma! I get that chill too but mine is from low bp. Get toastied up! : )
Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM

It's always slightly painful when feeling comes back. 

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

My mom has raynauds phenomena. One of her fingers turns white and rubbery looking, super crazy to see

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting Anonymous:

And then....

Yes but I bet a large majority of the people who open your post don't.
Karen_29
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Stay warm!!

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting Anonymous:

And then....

I didn't and appreciate the definition.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM
This.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting Anonymous:

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff
Raynaud's (ray-NOHZ) disease is a condition that causes some areas of your body — such as your fingers, toes, the tip of your nose and your ears — to feel numb and cool in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas.

Women are more likely to have Raynaud's disease. It's also more common in people who live in colder climates.

Treatment of Raynaud's disease depends on its severity and whether you have any other health conditions. For most people, Raynaud's disease is more a nuisance than a disability.

And then....

I didn't and appreciate the definition.
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Crummy. I woke up to a big rainstorm as well. No hail as far as I know, but it still cancels out my plans to take my son to the cemetery and look at the flags :( I'm hoping it will clear up soon
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured