Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They Are Certified Idiots!!!!!

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

Yesterday my Brother and SIL came to the house and they brought a kennel with them.  Inside the kennel were four 13 day old wild rabbits.  Apparently, SIL nearly ran over the nest with a lawnmower.  They covered it with grass and left it for a day; convinced the mother never came back, they took the babies inside and began to care for them.  When I asked if they were still warm when they found them, they said yes and from everything I have read, that means they weren't orphaned.  ANYWAY, my brother tried feeding them lettuce and radishes yesterday with a small dish of water.  One of the bunnies is now in our care because he was so dehydrated it was unreal and was unresponsive before my brother and SIL left.  He is doing better than he was yesterday, he's trying to move and hop, but the poor thing just falls over.  :( 

My hubby was a vet tech, so that is a plus in this situation.  We're just torn on what to do, should we give the little guy a chance or put him out of his misery? 

by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brittanyjenean
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

BUMP!

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Give him a chance
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Eat him.

brittanyjenean
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I really would like to.  I told my hubby earlier that worst comes to worst we will just make him a wheelchair and name him Wheels.   

Quoting lnrmom:

Give him a chance

brittanyjenean
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM

No, I am not eating the poor thing.

Quoting laranadtony:

Eat him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)