Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Am PROUD to BE...

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 24 Replies
5 moms liked this
Certified as a firefighter in the state of Minnesota. I just received my completion card and patches for my fireman's jacket in the mail on Friday.
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Awesome! Congratulations!
Was it tough keeping up with the men? We're you taken seriously?
AylaMom
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah!! Congratulations!!!
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on May. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HappySquirrel
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

For the most part I was taken seriously. My buddy had a hard time accepting watching me lift things because he's trained to be old school and women shouldn't be doing that kind of labor when there are fine, strapping men right there, but most departments around here have had or presently have a woman on the department so many of the men at least have seen a woman firefighter before.

And, in fact, I believe I was the only person from the class who passed all segments of the testing the first time with no retakes.

Quoting RissyLee:

TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Way to go!!
girlie2
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Love MN!!
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Very cool. That's definitely something to be proud of. I'm jealous you get to be so close to so much eye candy lol

Quoting HappySquirrel:

Thank you!

For the most part I was taken seriously. My buddy had a hard time accepting watching me lift things because he's trained to be old school and women shouldn't be doing that kind of labor when there are fine, strapping men right there, but most departments around here have had or presently have a woman on the department so many of the men at least have seen a woman firefighter before.

And, in fact, I believe I was the only person from the class who passed all segments of the testing the first time with no retakes.

Quoting RissyLee:

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Congrats!
nelliesmommy
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM

congrats!

HappySquirrel
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Eye candy. lol

I do like a man in uniform, but they're just guys around here. Nobody is looking like the firemen on tv. :)

Quoting RissyLee:

Very cool. That's definitely something to be proud of. I'm jealous you get to be so close to so much eye candy lol

Quoting HappySquirrel:

Thank you!

Quoting RissyLee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN