Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why poor families have multiple children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 271 Replies

I recently read an explanation on why poor people have more children then the middle class. Tell me what you think.

The theory was that no matter how many children poor people have, they will always be poor. So it truly doesn't matter, because financially they will be in the same position they were before. For the middle class family to have multiple children, there's a good chance they will become poor so they tend to have the amount of children they can afford. Of course this is not true for all, but it is rather interesting 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM
17 moms liked this
Or maybe because they would rather be rich in love than rich in money? (Not what I believe; I'm saying what they may be thinking) I really never thought about it but what you said was interesting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Bump

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I... disagree with you....

my best friend growing up was one of 6 kids and though their family was poor, they certainly didn't ACT like it nor live their daily lives as though they were a bunch of paupers.

ssocalgirl6
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
13 moms liked this
In many cases poor people are not active but reactive. They do not actively prevent pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
5 moms liked this
It's because they don't think things through. A child is an expensive lifetime commitment. The poor are eligible for government programs... The middle class is not.
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
20 moms liked this
I would rather have a house full of kids and love than a bank full of money and an empty house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM
17 moms liked this

Poor people get rewarded through more assistance for more kids.  Middle class parents don't get a raise for having additional children.

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
We aren't rich by any means. We live off 50k a year. Own a newer 4 bedroom house through a USDA loan for moderate income families. But we have everything we need. We have 3 kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
8 moms liked this
Uh no. It's for the government benefits, plain and simple. Let's call a spade a spade here, folks.
Val99
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM
5 moms liked this

Have you ever watched the movie "Idiocracy"?  It really explains the desire to procreate so well. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I recently read an explanation on why poor people have more children then the middle class. Tell me what you think.

The theory was that no matter how many children poor people have, they will always be poor. So it truly doesn't matter, because financially they will be in the same position they were before. For the middle class family to have multiple children, there's a good chance they will become poor so they tend to have the amount of children they can afford. Of course this is not true for all, but it is rather interesting 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)