Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF is so awful about daycare?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 658 Replies
7 moms liked this

I recently made the decision to return to work which means putting my little petunia into daycare from 9am until 5pm Mon-Thurs. Well, you'd think I'd consigned her to the devil or something the way my family is acting, and all because I didn't want to leave her with my mom or sister to care for. Sure, free childcare is great if it's GOOD free childcare, but, uh, no offense to mom and sis, but they ain't it.

WTF is so awful about daycare, anyway?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IUND
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM
21 moms liked this
Nothing. There will always be people who think daycare is horrible and people who use it are horrible parents. I wish I could be a sahm but its not feasible.
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
40 moms liked this
I don't know. I don't judge people for it but it's just not something I would ever do. No one can care for my children as well as I can. I love staying home with them and giving them the very best I can. Daycare would fall MILES short of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
As long as you've checked the place out nothing is wrong with daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Nothing....there's just the people out there who hate it that's all.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
We have ha nothing but good experiences with ours.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
5 moms liked this

The media will portray the BAD. Yes there are bad ones out there, but there are also many great ones out there. My kids go to a homecare, and the woman is FANTASTIC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM
31 moms liked this

dirty nasty kids spreading diseases, careless workers, no one really paying attention to your child, no teaching moments going on, no love for the child just diaper changes & food, shall i go on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM
26 moms liked this

Nothing,  I own a daycare and the kids in my care are loved and cared for. In some cases I have taken better care of them then their own parents.

TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Nothing. My little snowflake has been in one since he was 6 months old

wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM
20 moms liked this

You are lied to about a lot of things that go on in most of them. I worked them for years. Kids get put in time out and forgot about, they lie about how much food the kids are given, some of the accidents kids have in their pants is because teachers refuse to take the child back in to pee. The list could go on. And I worked in several over the years, not just one bad one.

eta...they also aren't allowed to tell you the real reason your child got written up, we had to sugar coat it. If we didn't we could be fired.

eta...I'm doing this as I remember things. We also weren't allowed to give your kids affection or special attention becaus "you never know who isn't getting that at home and you don't want them to get used to it". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)