Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I threatened to shoot sils husband.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
6 moms liked this
Sil has been staying with us for 3 weeks.

her husband is a very abusive ass hole.

and sil is 5 months pregnant.

i was out back hanging laundry. our power was knocked out a week ago, so no washer, no dryer, we.ve been using a camping stove. and a cooler with ice that we buy daily. the power is suppose to be back up in a few more days.

dd was napping up stairs. i had ds in his swing on the back porch.

i was almost done when i heard sil yell.

i picked ds up, rushed in, put him in his play pen and looked for sil.

i found her on the front porch. pinned against the wall by that fucking ass hole asshole.

i went to the closet next to the front door and got the shotgun.

i stepped out, pointed it his head and told him he had 5 seconds to let her go.

he let go. i told her to go inside, find my cell phone, and call the cops.

he laughed and said 'you wont use that on me. you dont have what it takes'

i said 'hmm. try me and me and we'll see.'

he stepped towards me. i shot over the shoulder and told him 'next time i wont miss'

at that point he was nervous. i told him to sit down.

sil had been on the phone with the 911 operator and the police were on the way.

i made him stay seated on the porch. he broke the restraining order by coming her. and he had hurt sil. her arms were already bruising from where he had grabbed her, she told the police he slammed her against the wall. he told the cops ' i want her arrest she tried to kill me' i told him ' i didnt try to kill you. come around again, and you.ll find out whatd id do to kill you'

the officers took our statements and the kids and i went with sil to the hospital. aside from some pretty bad bruising on her arms and back, both she and the baby are fine. shes pretty shaken up though. when the police got him the first thing the officer did was pull a large knife that was sticking out if his back pocket out.

one of the officers asked what i was thinking. i told him 'i wanted to shoot him. if he had taken another step i wouldve'

he said 'i would have too'

i swear if that fucking asshole so much as steps foot on a blade of grass in my yard, then his ass will have a bullet in it. he touches sil again, and hes as good as dead.

hes damn lucky dh was here. he wouldve been taken out in a body bag instead of handcuffs, hes not as calm and rational as i am....

i know a lot of you ladies are against having guns. but i am damn happy to have one... i dont know what wouldve happened if we didnt have that gun...

...its been a long day....

eta- to the left of my house is nothing but trees. i was actually aiming at one specefic tree. just thought id add that so no one else had to ask about the surrounding nr what couldve been hit.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You're very lucky that there were people there to prevent you from letting your emotions overtake your sanity and provoke you to do something very, very stupid.

(ETA: I meant that you handled yourself very well and cool-headed when people with less control would have shot the fucker dead right there)

Death threats can be felonious, you know.

(ETA: Thank god there were people there to stand as witnesses if a statement had been needed to collaborate the truthful spectrum of the events)

But thank goodness you protected her... You must live in an at-will state.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Hell yeah girl!!
Pita369
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Good job mama! We have a handgun and I will protect my family anyway needed.
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Not in tx she was warning him to not move. She could have shot and killed the sucker and she wouldn't be charged.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

You're very lucky that there were people there to prevent you from letting your emotions overtake your sanity and provoke you to do something very, very stupid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Not if he's physically hurting a pregnant woman on her property while violating a restraining order... Op wouldn't get in any trouble what else is she supposed to do? Just stand there and wait for the cops while he kills or seriously hurts her sil and the baby?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I would have done the same thing, if I had a gun.. but I dont soooo I dont know what I would have done.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I would have shot him but that's just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Glad you had one when you needed it. I'd have done the same thing. Altho I'm not sure I'd have gone over his shoulder even. you'd have been doing the world a favor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
She spent 2 month hiding from him at mils house. but mil is not well, so i told her sil could stay with us.

shes already considered to be a high risk pregnancy.

and hes a lunatic. he couldve reall hurt her or the baby. ive seen how bad hes hurt her before...

Quoting OwlNuggets:

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Not in tx she was warning him to not move. She could have shot and killed the sucker and she wouldn't be charged.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

yup, here in TX  him just being there without permission is enough.

Without ME there would be no awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN