Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Road trip!!!! Snacks??

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 64 Replies
We're currently driving from Indiana to Tampa. About 14 hours.... I brought some sandwiches and snacks with us for the first time. I can tell that we are eating a little better than just hitting up fast food and chips from the gas stations.

Does anyone else do this?? If so, what are some of your favorite snacks to bring on the road?? We'll have to run by the grocery store before we head home next week.
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bren_mom
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I keep things to make sandwiches in separate containers, and then make the sandwiches when we stop at a rest area, it keeps the bread from getting soggy.  Otherwise I try to keep a mix of healthy alternatives and junk :)  Like carrots and celery as well as chips.  Water, and maybe some soda to drink.

Have a safe trip! 

km1970
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM

We have a cooler that plugs into an outlet in the car and keeps foods cold.

We take sandwiches, crackers, cheese sticks, kiwi fruit(you can cut the top off and eat the fruit inside), pretzels, grapes, carrots...etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM
We live trail mix, grapes, bananas, water or Gatorade to drink. Stuff to fill up a lil better is honey baked Ham and cheese sandwiches. Sometimes just plain lightly salted potato chips.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM

wrap sandwiches or subs cut into 3 in pieces. They are easy to handle. Whole fruit, granola bars, Cubes of cheese or the pack that is already cut with crackers.I freeze juice boxes and water  instead of using ice in the cooler.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I always pack fruit, chex mix, yogurt, really anything and everything
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I make a big bucket of trail mix. I use peanuts, raisins, craisins, M&Ms, cheerios, and almonds.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Trail mix
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
This and if you freeze the grapes the night before they will keep the bag/cooler cold:)

Quoting Anonymous:

We live trail mix, grapes, bananas, water or Gatorade to drink. Stuff to fill up a lil better is honey baked Ham and cheese sandwiches. Sometimes just plain lightly salted potato chips.

acook0331
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You are ruining the road trip.  The best part is stopping for food! lol.

SwtSnowflake2
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep! We get beef jerky, trail mix, and make sandwiches. We bring a cooler and bring water.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN