Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you have a tfal actifry? any counter top deep fryer, grill whatever....get in here

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 33 Replies

i am especially interested in the tfal actifry, how many servings of fries can it make at once, how long does it take, and is it good?

if you have another counter top deepfryer, what kind is it and does it emit any sort of fumes which would need to be vented?

i will also be looking at the george foreman family sized countertop grill for steaks, porkchops and salmon fillets ect. if you have one, tell me about it.

any other simply amazing counter top appliances?

by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:33 PM

BUMP!

macysmom
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I don't do deep fryers. They are too messy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I had one years ago it was ok but the outside collected gunk that i couldn't wash away
D.O.E.
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM

the actifry only takes 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil. the kitchen at the bank is too small for industrial equiptment, so i am thinking outside the box lol

Quoting macysmom:

I don't do deep fryers. They are too messy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM
We have a deep fryer and I believe it's a black&decker. Fumes from it aren't bad.
D.O.E.
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

you are supposed to clean it whenever you use it, that gunk wont collect if you keep it clean

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one years ago it was ok but the outside collected gunk that i couldn't wash away

D.O.E.
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM

would you say it would require an open window or some sort of ventilation? how much does it cook at once?

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a deep fryer and I believe it's a black&decker. Fumes from it aren't bad.

KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Black and Decker I think. It has two baskets and can cook 5 pounds of fries in about 20 minutes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM
We did. But once the oil hit the outside of the fryer there was no removing it

Quoting D.O.E.:

you are supposed to clean it whenever you use it, that gunk wont collect if you keep it clean

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM
So far we've done fries (little more than a handful at a time) and fried chicken strips (4-5 strips at a time)
As for ventilation- we keep a window open in the kitchen anyway because its a semi-closed area. But the fryer doesn't produce a lot of smoke.

And I'm sorry but we have a Farberware fryer. 2.5L single deep fryer.
It's very easy to clean.

Quoting D.O.E.:

would you say it would require an open window or some sort of ventilation? how much does it cook at once?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN