Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nervous and scared, small update, home

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 5:46 AM
  • 9 Replies
This morning my dd has an upper gi done. She's 3 and I'm so nervous.

They just took her in. I got to hold her while they did the anaesthesia, now I'm in the waiting room waiting to be called in to sit with her in recovery.

We're home and dd is doing well. We'll have the results in 2 weeks. Thank you everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 28, 2013 at 5:47 AM
:( that sucks, why?
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 5:55 AM
She's been saying her stomach hurts randomly for months and her gastrologist wants to test her for celiac disease. So far we've found out she has a soy allergy and she hasn't said her tummy hurts in about a month but we want to know if anything serious is wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SageAdvice
by on May. 28, 2013 at 5:55 AM

aw I hope it goes well. They will give her medicine to calm her, and hopefully help her sleep. HUGS Mama, it's harder on us than them they say.

MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Thanks, since she's extremely strong (took me, grandpa and 2 nurses holding her to get blood) they're gonna put her to sleep with a gas mask then do the iv.

Quoting SageAdvice:

aw I hope it goes well. They will give her medicine to calm her, and hopefully help her sleep. HUGS Mama, it's harder on us than them they say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on May. 28, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Good luck.  I hope you get the answers you need.

My daughter had tummy aches every day for a year.  The doctor didn't know what was wrong.  We had her tested-wheat.  We're gluten free now, and no tummy aches.  Hopefully it will be that simple for both of you :)

MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Thanks. My dd is super picky. She was refusing any fruits/veggies. And I think that was causing her to not have regular bowel movements, but I've figured out she will drink fruit in a smoothie as long as I make it sweet. So I know a ton of sugar isn't good but I do add some just so she ends up getting the fruits and veggies.

Quoting seemommyrun:

Good luck.  I hope you get the answers you need.

My daughter had tummy aches every day for a year.  The doctor didn't know what was wrong.  We had her tested-wheat.  We're gluten free now, and no tummy aches.  Hopefully it will be that simple for both of you :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Its not as bad as it feels in your shoes. My son gets them semi frequently. He has celiacs and other GI issues. He has/is out growing many of the other issues thankfully though. Hes been getting the GI scopes and liquid swallows since around his 1st bday

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

She's been saying her stomach hurts randomly for months and her gastrologist wants to test her for celiac disease. So far we've found out she has a soy allergy and she hasn't said her tummy hurts in about a month but we want to know if anything serious is wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Oh wow! They're testing her for celiac disease.

Do you mind sharing what other symptoms your son has with the celiac, besides his stomach hurting..

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Its not as bad as it feels in your shoes. My son gets them semi frequently. He has celiacs and other GI issues. He has/is out growing many of the other issues thankfully though. Hes been getting the GI scopes and liquid swallows since around his 1st bday

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)