Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you eat after having a baby?

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
Like what's your diet like? Is it the same as prebaby?

For me I hit bad depression before I had my daughter and wasnt eating at all maybe once every other day :/ I just never felt hungry.. When u got pregnant I ate everything in sight I always had snack bags with me and was constantly eating. Now after I have birth it went back to not eating I just never felt hungry I went through spells of depression and being ok. Now I don't feel depressed stressed but not depressed and I didn't realize how little I was eating until yesterday. I invited a guy over to my dads house with me well around 1 he was "starving" I didn't feel hungry at all and he already had breakfast earlier than he had two mini pizzas and said that could hold him over till my da finished his food well I had a small thing of ice cream.. Just to occupy my self. Well around 3 or 4 he was dying again my dad finnaly finished the food and he ate a giant burger chips a hot dog and I forget what else but I had a small hot dog no bun and 1/3 of my hamburger with no bun and could eat no more an ofcorse he cleaned m plate lol.. I understand makes have bigger appetites then females but is this normal? How often ad how much do you eat now that you have kids as how many and how old are they? I have one 20 month old.
by on May. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tigerstripes12
by on May. 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM

i've never had a great diet but after abby was born i ate like shit.  i survived on fast food and pop tarts.  i was so exhausted and my husband wasn't organized enough and too timid to cook.  i was too tired to grocery shop too or make a list for my husband.  so we had a lot of fast food and the pop tarts were something i could rip open, eat, and pass back out... or as was more often the case... eat while she was crying on me or eating.

now she's 6 months and no longer buy pop tarts.  i'm cooking again most nights, but i need to learn how to cook healthier meals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I have never had the beat diet. After baby I just ate less but it wasn't good food. About 1.5 years ago I started eating better and moving more. I feel so much better now.
I usually eat 3 meals and a snack. My kids are now 5&6. My husband of course eats way more. Lol
Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My diet? I eat whatever I want and did the same then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I lived off of Arby's before I had my son 5 years ago. Lol! It was mine and DH's favorite place. What can I say, we were young. Junk food was priority then. Haha. I eat MUCH better now, but I still indulge.

-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
With both hands. It felt good to have the room for more than a few bites at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by on May. 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

with ds i barely ate until my  family started threatening to force feed me but my son was also 2 1/2 months preemie so i was a bit depressed as for dd i am constantly hungry but wasn't very hungry during the pregnancy. my ds is almost 3 and dd is 7 months i am eating or snacking almost all day i will chew gum while cleaning or what ever but seems im always starving.

2pink1blue
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I took in more calories when I was pregnant and/or nursing but I have always eaten approximately the same amount.  I shoot for a fruit, protein and grain in the am, a protein and veggies mid-day and then a little of everything in the evening.  I don't eat much meat or carb heavy foods but certainly don't starve myself.  Your diet sounds unhealthy to me especially if you're eating nothing but ice cream, a weiner and part of a beef patty in a day.

MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I know and the sad part if he wasnt there I may not have even eaten.. I just never feel hungry..I'm not unhealthy skiny in fact I need to lose weight still I just focus on my daughter and not myself and I'm doing chores and all if my other mom stuff and a day or two goes by I start to feel sick and I'm like oh.. I may feel better if I eat or drink..

Quoting 2pink1blue:

I took in more calories when I was pregnant and/or nursing but I have always eaten approximately the same amount.  I shoot for a fruit, protein and grain in the am, a protein and veggies mid-day and then a little of everything in the evening.  I don't eat much meat or carb heavy foods but certainly don't starve myself.  Your diet sounds unhealthy to me especially if you're eating nothing but ice cream, a weiner and part of a beef patty in a day.

MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Bump
cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I've always eaten the same but while preg I just made sure to eat a little healthier and not get super hungry without eating something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)