Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teachers and elementary moms come on in.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
my son starts kindergarten not this coming year, but next year. i am planning on stocking up on school supplies when they go on clearance this year. but in addition to the basic supplies, id like to get other things to help out the classroom, because i know alot of stuff comes out of the teachers pockets. so im asking for suggestions from teachers or former class moms of what extras would be helpful to get? thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM
My kids are in SK and grade 1 and I have yet to be asked to supply anything, so I'm no help. Here's a bump though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Tissues. That is a big one. Also in kinder this year Bellas teacher used and needed a lot of ziploc bags Mainly it was the gallon size and dry eraser markers.

Photobucket

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
They usually want hand sanitizer (they go through that like crazy!), crayons, erasers for the kids, pencils...umm...

Im getting tired and forgetting lol
Mish321
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Ask his teachers what hey need. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM

tissues, hand sanitizer, dry erase markers, dollar tree/walmart gift cards

shymomof4
by Kristyn on May. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM

It seems like my daughters class always needs extra glue sticks, crayons, printer paper and dry erase markers. 

summerbear
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Reams of copy paper. I gift the teachers 2 cases. One at the beginning of school and another after Christmas break. They run out so quickly!
poeticrose09
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Tissues Lysol Lysol wipes crayons markers Ziplocs Sanitizer and glue or glue sticks
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Hand sanitizer at the school I worked at they always sanitized the kids before and after lunch.
sam12796
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM

my daughter just finished Kindergarten. We were asked to bring but not required

Fiscar scissors

Baby Wipes

Clorox Wipes

#2 pencils

Dry erase markers

Water color paints

Hand soap

Sanitizer gel

glue sticks

That is what I can remember anyway.

I have another list for next year. I will start getting a few things on the list here and there next month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)