Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am against the use of hand sanitizer!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
2 moms liked this
I refuse to use it and I try to avoid allowing my kids to use it. I think it does nothing but lower their immune systems and lower my bank account. Lowering my bank account because its a waste of money. Why apply germ X just because you touched a shopping cart? You will get germ filled hands again as soon as you touch something else.

I get using it for things like after the bathroom or if you are about to touch a lot of food but for every little thing? I don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Siare
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM

There are times when I use hand sanitizer. Most of the time I do not. 

So, you're not against casual use, you're against habitual use.

secondboy2012
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM
We don't use antibacterial soap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I'm okay with occasional use.

But even in those cases I'm still pro soap and water lol

Quoting Siare:

There are times when I use hand sanitizer. Most of the time I do not. 

So, you're not against casual use, you're against habitual use.

liss.n.chris
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I read the other day that hand sanitizer is the new thing for teens to use to get drunk, but anyway, not the point. I use it when I change a diaper away from home and I can't wash my hands, otherwise I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thishalfalbino
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I love hand sanitizer. I feel much cleaner using it daily when I can't get to a sink to wash my hands.
sam12796
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I agree with the last part of your statement. I do use it after I wash my hands for extra protection. I use it when out in public before I eat. I don't sanitize the grocery carts and stuff because well what is the point. The same people with germs touching those are also touching the handles on the doors etc..nothing should take the place of handwashing. Also I avoid touching my mouth hair and eyes unless I have washed my hands.

rgba
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I use it at the doctor's office
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:53 AM

This is one of my dh's platforms, lol. We use it before we eat and that's about it.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I can't even think of the last time me or my younger kids have used it. It's nice for those rare occasions but not all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 12:57 AM

We don't use. We are sick less than people who do though, I've noticed. Being exposed to germs builds up immunity. Then when a bug goes rampant, you don't get it because your body already has it in check.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)