Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evening primrose oil to help labor along???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
What is your take? Anyone have any positive/negative experiences?!

I ask because I was induced for going past 40 weeks with my first two and reeeeally don't want to be with this one. With my second I never even needed the pitocin, after the cervadil kicked in I went into full blown labor on my own. I never dialated or effaced on my own with either pregnancy and I'm still "high and thick". I guess my body just doesn't want to do things on its own :(

I really want to avoid induction this time around...

I'm not one to "rush" things but don't want to be bullied into induction either. I see women all over the Internet talk about how well it worked but I'm scared of possible side effects... Anyone?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Thank you in advance!!!
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I used it with my last but I don't believe it induces. It helps soften your cervix so when labor does start its an easier progression. I didn't have any side effects and had a 4 hour labor. Then again the one before was only 5.5 so I don't know if it was anything to do with epo.
Labor wasn't very painful though so... idk:)
Good luck, I hope you can avoid induction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I guess that's what I mean... I need something to help soften my cervix. I've been have Braxton hicks for weeks now lol

Did you tell your doc you were taking them? Did they mention any reason not to?

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I used it with my last but I don't believe it induces. It helps soften your cervix so when labor does start its an easier progression. I didn't have any side effects and had a 4 hour labor. Then again the one before was only 5.5 so I don't know if it was anything to do with epo.

Mommytorn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I had a friend who is a doula suggest it to me but when I asked my doc/midwife about it was warned against using it due to the problems I've had with dehydration
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Interesting... Thank you :)

Quoting Mommytorn:

I had a friend who is a doula suggest it to me but when I asked my doc/midwife about it was warned against using it due to the problems I've had with dehydration
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Bump!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Bump
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM

My midwife gave them to me. She gives them to all her moms. Braxton hicks contractions don't really do anything, they are practice and you may dilate a bit but they aren't a sign of true labor or when it will come:/  just wait it out:) how far along are you? 

Speak with your doctor, like I said my labor was fast and easy but I don't know if that was EPO or just luck. I can say I didn't have any issues with it though.

Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess that's what I mean... I need something to help soften my cervix. I've been have Braxton hicks for weeks now lol

Did you tell your doc you were taking them? Did they mention any reason not to?

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)