Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think she's being selfish

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
A friend of mine and her boyfriend split up. They have an almost 3 year old and she is expecting again (his child as well).
She is moving them out of the county to a place that is an almost 2 hour drive away. This will seriously ruin the relationship the oldest has with the dad.
I think she's being so selfish and I want to give her different suggestions on what to do but how do I do it without being rude?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Does she have support where she's going? And not where she is currently?

If they're breaking up, I'd assume she'd want to be where she has the most support..

liss.n.chris
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM
2 moms liked this
It's 2 hours, good Lord, get a grip. I sometimes drive that in a day just around town.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM
No, she will not have support where she is going. She has it where she currently is though.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Does she have support where she's going? And not where she is currently?

If they're breaking up, I'd assume she'd want to be where she has the most support..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM
2 hours is a good distance when neither of them drive.

Quoting liss.n.chris:

It's 2 hours, good Lord, get a grip. I sometimes drive that in a day just around town.
kiriis
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:08 AM

What is her reason for moving?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you should MYOB as this in no way concerns you or is detrimental to your well-being. Just saying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM
She said it's because she couldn't stand to see him in a relationship with another woman when/if it happens.

Quoting kiriis:

What is her reason for moving?

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Why would a two hour drive ruin the reltationship a child has with their parent?

want10more
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM

when i got divorced, i so wanted to leave the area w/ my kid. i didn't, as my son and his dad had a TERRIBLE relationship. i didn't feel free to move until my son had his daddy back. if i'd gone, some day my kid coulda blamed ME. on the other hand, my new hubby has had to travel SO MUCH for visitation since  his ex moved outta state. maybe mention to your gf, hey, your weekends are gonna get SO HECTIC when you have to meet him every weekend and holiday for visitation? trust me, that would probably happen...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 2:11 AM
She came to ME for advice. She asked me what I thought of her moving.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should MYOB as this in no way concerns you or is detrimental to your well-being. Just saying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)