Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home made facial mask?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:40 AM
  • 26 Replies

Does anybody have any recipes for pores? My pores suck :( anybody have something that worked for them?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danapopcorn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Pretty please with glitter on top?

daisybaby91
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM

honey and lemon! either mix honey and lemon juice and put it on as a mask, or put some honey on half of a lemon rub it on your face :) smells great too!

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:42 AM

I saw something with banana, oatmeal and honey

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I use baking soda and clean my face, and then apple cider vinegar with some mint tea to not make it so harsh....I haven't had more than 5 zits in the past 2 years of using it, and my skin looks better than when I was using proactiv.

Danapopcorn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I uses to use honey, it made my skin so soft! :) will this help my pores any? My pores are larger than I'd like and hard to clean. I've tried tons of cleansurs, those sticky things, duct tape, all of that. So now I'm going to try some "natural remedies".

Quoting daisybaby91:

honey and lemon! either mix honey and lemon juice and put it on as a mask, or put some honey on half of a lemon rub it on your face :) smells great too!

casseopeia

I use oatmeal and honey.  Cook regular oatmeal for about 10-20 minutes then strain.  Add a bit of honey to the strained liquid and use on face.  Simple and works great.

bi-polarmommy
1 mom liked this

TEACH ME PLEASE!!!!

my face still thinks its 12yrs old! - i get blemishes ALL the time - how do you use baking soda - do you just wet your face and scrub? - how much vinegar with how much mint tea? - does it have to be apple cider vinegar? or will regular white vinegar work too?

Quoting Anonymous:

I use baking soda and clean my face, and then apple cider vinegar with some mint tea to not make it so harsh....I haven't had more than 5 zits in the past 2 years of using it, and my skin looks better than when I was using proactiv.

Come join me at Multi-Generational Special Needs Households, a place for moms dealing with 2 or more generations of special needs under one roof

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118250/

NBean311
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Orange juice and baking soda! 

daisybaby91
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

the lemon works wonders :)

or you could try a paste of milk and baking soda, leave it on until it dries and then wash it off. the baking soda sort of pulls everything out of your pores.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I uses to use honey, it made my skin so soft! :) will this help my pores any? My pores are larger than I'd like and hard to clean. I've tried tons of cleansurs, those sticky things, duct tape, all of that. So now I'm going to try some "natural remedies".

Quoting daisybaby91:

Danapopcorn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Just a tip. I had HORRIBLE acne when I was younger. I'm talking like 8 years old. It was all over my face and chest and UGH. Green alcohol was the best thing I ever used. Has to be the green kind. put green alcohol on a cotton ball, rub it on your face and just SEE how much gets left behind on your face even after you wash it! I only did it about 3 times a week because it was drying, and I always used petroleum free moisturizer afterwards. Also, when ever I did get a pimple crushed up aspirin helped. 

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

TEACH ME PLEASE!!!!

my face still thinks its 12yrs old! - i get blemishes ALL the time - how do you use baking soda - do you just wet your face and scrub? - how much vinegar with how much mint tea? - does it have to be apple cider vinegar? or will regular white vinegar work too?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)