Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't have to get him a birthday or father's day gift now right? *pic heavy*

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

Seriously though. I got up at 2pm on Monday. Went to work that night and did my usual 12hr shift. Only it was really busy and I spent about 10hrs slinging 50lb bags. Not exaggerating it was close to 1,000 bags by the time I was done. Then I came home Tuesday morning, had a shed built, cleaned and painted the garage, and went to bed around 10pm last night. I don't know why I'm awak so I'm gonna brag a bit then go to bed. The before pics are not a real before. I had already done some cleaning and moving things around. But we bought this house just at a year ago and have been busy and just got around to doing this. We are "park in the garage" people. I also got the garage door opener about a month ago. I'm not finished. I have to finish organizing and taking things to the shed. But almost there!

Now a few weeks before the before pics you couldn't even walk in there. Here's now:

The shed that allows me to get lawn equipment and larger tools out of the garage.

Kinda hard to see. there's a shelf up high. Stuff in the box will go up there and the box will go to trash. The boy will be kept in the house though.

What my garage looks like this very moment. A dresser that goes upstairs very soon, still some trash in back right corner, and the stuff in the middle will go to the shed. then vehicles go in here!

a closer view. Still have to paint the ceiling and all that wood is gone as in previous pic.

Alrighty thanks for looking! Also realize I live in Texas and we have spiders so this is a big safety issue as well. I feel safer already. I'm going for a nap and will revisit on my phone a little. But seriously this counts as father's day and b-day right? J/k I'll get something small because we spent a bit on all this.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Bump
NNB
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Wow. Good job!

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Thank you. I'll probably finish cleaning today. Paint the floor and ceiling sometime later. Dh can organize his tools. Lol

Quoting NNB:Wow. Good job!
jdy9440
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Great job ! We are park in the garage people too....

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:39 AM
I have missed it. Especially during storms. I'm at the window waiting for hail to pulverize my cars. We live in a good neighborhood but people don't shop in their own. We've had some activity and (thanks to my brother leaving it open) stuff stolen from our garage. Lots of stuff. So I finally made this a priority. My old house you'd never seen our cars in the driveway. Ever. We just got behind moving and having the baby last year.

Quoting jdy9440:

jdy9440
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Can't be too safe theses days...we have an alarm system , even on the garage door. We live in a good area too but you never know.

Quoting cntrdmom:

I have missed it. Especially during storms. I'm at the window waiting for hail to pulverize my cars. We live in a good neighborhood but people don't shop in their own. We've had some activity and (thanks to my brother leaving it open) stuff stolen from our garage. Lots of stuff. So I finally made this a priority. My old house you'd never seen our cars in the driveway. Ever. We just got behind moving and having the baby last year.

Quoting jdy9440:

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:49 AM

It looks great! I think that counts for at least one present. 

xomrs.chase
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Put a happy birthday sign on the garage door haha
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Well people don't shop in their own neighborhood.....

Quoting jdy9440:

Can't be too safe theses days...we have an alarm system , even on the garage door. We live in a good area too but you never know.

Quoting cntrdmom:

Quoting jdy9440:

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm still voting two. We'll go with a new shed AND a clean and painted garage. Lol.

Quoting AllofFive19:

It looks great! I think that counts for at least one present. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)