Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So worried about my baby. EDIT

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 2 Replies
My dd is 2. Sunday morning she woke up and threw up but otherwise seemed fine. Sunday night she ran low grade fever but nothing to worry about so I gave her Motrin and sent her to bed. Monday she woke up with 104 fever. I tried to treat the fever most of the day with meds and a warm bath. She had no other symptoms but the fever and my bffs son who is the same age had the same symptoms just random high fever. I probably would have worried more but because he was acting the same I assumed they had picked up a virus together somewhere. Around 1:30 she was asleep in my arms. I could feel her getting hot and knew it was time for more meds but I wanted her to rest so didnt wake her for meds. A few minutes later she had a seizure. Scared the hell out of me. I called 911 when I couldnt get her to come too and her lips were turning blue. At the hospital she was 105.4. I told them about bffs son and they agreed with me it was likely a virus got her fever down and told me they couldnt really do any more then that. So we went home. I have been treating the fever and just taking it easy with her. Her fever is still staying at about 104 without meds and 100 with meds. She has started throwing up meds too she cant keep anything down. Not juice or water either. Taking her to the pedi in an hour just wanted to see if anyone had any advice what I could even have them check for. Her stomach hurts and the high fever are the only symptoms. Go with my gut its a virus even though this is 4 days? Or insist they run some test on her? **** ok went to the pedi. Still dont know any more. they did urine test, strep, flu, bloodwork, ect. We still have no answers, everything came back neg so far. Her white blood cell count was pretty high though and her fever was 104 there. We go back tomorrow for more results and to decide the next step. They gave her zofran so she would stop throwing up. So worried at this point. Anyone ever go through a super high fever like this and what was the culprit?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
motherofzandz
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM

bump 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Holy cow thats scary. Have they been checked for hand,foot anf mouth? Dd had it last year abd it causes a wicked fever. Otherwise id let the dr take the lead sometimes virus pops up like this ya know
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)