Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Incomes of 29,000-40,000 who rent?Please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies

where do you live? how much is your rent? whats is the neighborhood/schools like? We re trying to move but everywhere we look its either nasty of too much money.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I can't even imagine surviving on that income bracket, let alone having a decent place to live. :(
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
How is it going to help you to tell where a bunch of random people live? What state do you live in? Because rent varies TREMENDOUSLY from state to state and area to area.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

That's how much we made when we first got married, and we rented then. I *think* our rent was like $575, it was a 3 bedroom house. The neighborhood was ok, lots of older people. But the school district was pretty awful, so we had to get out of there before kids!

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
We live on less than $29k. Family of five, rent a house for $550/month+utilities in northern Indiana. And we live comfortably. Not extravagantly, but we do it in our own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Move to Texas. Should be doable there.

AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM

don't move to NYC or the tri-state area... you would be poverty/ghetto

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM
NJ, $980 for a 2bdrm apartment. School district is amazing which is why we moved to this town. Our town is small and quiet. I love it here. We live 2 blocks from all 3 schools, and just a few blocks from the center of town. Couldn't have picked a better area.
H.M.Wright
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Tallahassee, fl is a good area if you like water and sunshine. you can rent 3 to 4 bedroom houses here for around 800$ in nice parts of town

mstricey
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM
My rent is 650 a month, we pay electric. That's a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. School system is great although my son is in a private school. It is very suburban neighborhood. Quiet, clean. The whole little town is like that. I live in Greenwood, In.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I make $36K.  My rent is $775/mo for 2 bed, 2 bath, heat/water included in a new, gated complex that includes a clubhouse with a pool, attached garage, washer/dryer/dishwasher provided in every unit and private entrance.  The schools are amazing

NE Wisconsin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)