Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm a lesbian mom who conceived my daughter via artificial insemination. Ask me anything!"

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM
  • 161 Replies
12 moms liked this

CafeMom member Koam and her partner conceived their daughter via artificial insemination - and the donor was an old high-school friend! Thanks for offering to share your experience and answer our questions, Koam!

(Click here to learn more about our featured "Ask Me Anything" featured posts and learn how to submit your own story!)

by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I got nothing.

Bump
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on May. 29, 2013 at 9:10 AM
4 moms liked this

No questions, just, good for you. :)

LovelyMommy24
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM

How old is your baby? How do people react in public when they realize you are a lesbian couple with a baby? 

Jessy76
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this

This is my question as well. Our 17yr old DD is gay and she very much wants children in the future. While I know our family will support her how ever she decided to have children, I am curious how the rest of the world reacts to this.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

How old is your baby? How do people react in public when they realize you are a lesbian couple with a baby? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM

How did you find a donor? How did you decide to ask your high school friend -- basically wondering how that came together.

AJ-47
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM
No questions. I think it's wonderful. Best wishes to you and yours!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM
21 moms liked this

I have a female friend of mine that is a lesbian.  Her and her partner  just recently had their 2nd child together.  I am honestly all for marriage equality and them having children.  They are great parents to their children.

I do have to admit that according to my churches religious beliefs I am majorly in the wrong for supporting their marriage but I figure that I will take it up with God when I am dead and meet up with him.  Unfortunately some people find the whole same sex relationships gross but I do not. 

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Do u want more kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM
3 moms liked this
That's awesome
SouthernMamaof1
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:03 PM
8 moms liked this

Since you and bio dad were friends, to what extent is he involved in your child's life?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)