Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do they care?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Im filling out a house application to rent. On the app it asks if I have a savings or checking account and if I have any credit obligations also the name of my bank. Whyyyy????? Are they going to run my credit or something? Its a owner to renter house not from a reality or anything. Can someone explain???? Im a property virgin so here
Pop my cherry.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CuriousArentYa
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I would think that most places run your credit before they will rent to you. They want to know if you are financially responsible enough to keep up with your payments. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Bump.
fkh8ah
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
They can count that stuff as income
cupcake_mom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Yes they will most likely run your credit. Just because it is a private owner doesn't mean they don't do background checks and credit checks. My parents own 3 other properties and they do a background check and credit check. They even did one for my cousin when her rented from them. They want to make sure that you are going to be reliable in paying rent and stuff. This is normal. They can't ask the bank what is in your account but there are certain things they can ask, not exactly sure what.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im filling out a house application to rent. On the app it asks if I have a savings or checking account and if I have any credit obligations also the name of my bank. Whyyyy????? Are they going to run my credit or something? Its a owner to renter house not from a reality or anything. Can someone explain???? Im a property virgin so here

Pop my cherry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM
So do I HAVE to put down my banks info? I have bad credit bit because of one of my sons over used a credit card and never made payments. I mean... i really need this home.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Yes they will most likely run your credit. Just because it is a private owner doesn't mean they don't do background checks and credit checks. My parents own 3 other properties and they do a background check and credit check. They even did one for my cousin when her rented from them. They want to make sure that you are going to be reliable in paying rent and stuff. This is normal. They can't ask the bank what is in your account but there are certain things they can ask, not exactly sure what.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pop my cherry.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM

yes they will run your credit

illinoismommy83
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Yes, they will run your credit. They need to make sure you make enough to afford rent and that you won't be paying late all of the time because you have too much debt.

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM

They are probably going to run your credit to see if you have a good credif history and are financially responsible. And yes you HAVE to put the info down; or they won't rent to you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM
What kind of bank info do they want???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Bank name, if I have a savings or checking account. And list all credit obligations that I have.

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of bank info do they want???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)