Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Tell Me How You Would Have Reacted to this..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Was at Walmart. There was a young girl probaly 5-6 years old if I had to guess. To me, the girl was just standing with her 'mother' (I'm ASSUMING it was her mother, Idk). She wasn't speaking or doing anything, just standing. 2 seconds go by and this 'mother' is yelling at this little girl to get up. The girl has sat on the ground and this woman was yelling at her to stop acting like a f*cking a$$hole and to get the f*ck up off the ground and how she was gonna beat her ass.

Nobody did anything and EVERYONE heard her yell at her. Would you have stepped in or minded your own business?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Minded my business people are super crazy now in days. I however would not of watched her beat that baby. I would of called for security to get her lol. I have my own kids to live for. That lady might of been packing

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

It would depend on my mood at that time. What did you do?

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM

there isnt much you can do about verbal abuse.  i would surely give her the evil eye but you cant really swoop in and save a child from that - you will only get that mom madder and you dont know what is really happenin - what the girl sitting on the floor means to them.    not making excuses for people who swear at kids but you dont know if they have been battling for hours and you are just seeing the climax.    

hddcooper
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Oh I just don't know. Poor little baby girl. How sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM

DH and I would've started talking shit about her loud enough that she could hear...that's our style.

babygirl_1012
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I would have stepped in and told her to shut the fuck up, especially if my daughter was near by. (Well not necessarily tell her those words, but something close to it Lol) And then I would lecture her to see if she knows how much she is screwing up her kid, and she shouldnt even be a parent. I HATE people who do that to their kids. I can understand it (screaming) happening once in a while especially if the kid is throwing a tantrum, but swearing at your kid, and making a scene over something s stupid. SMH

V.Dubbya
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Minded my own business. While the "moms" actions were completely inappropriate, unless I know the entire story or the child is being physically accosted, it's hard to step in. I would feel upset most the rest of the day tho and second guess my lack of action.
Osstie
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Hmm... what exactly would you do?! Call the cops? I don't know what I would do... probably just give the woman a really dirty look or tell her to chill out.

My brother in law called my 16 year old niece an idiot once, and I just looked her in the eyes and said "you are NOT an idiot".

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM

minded my own business...not my place to parent other ppls kids, now if she started slapping her around or shaking her like a rag doll, perhaps...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I would of mind my own business you don't know the full story. You don't know if the child has been acting like a ass most of the day. The child did sit down on the floor so you don't know if that was a sign that the mom knew that the kid was about to throw a fit or something.

Kids do act like assholes and I don't think there is anything wrong with calling them on it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was at Walmart. There was a young girl probaly 5-6 years old if I had to guess. To me, the girl was just standing with her 'mother' (I'm ASSUMING it was her mother, Idk). She wasn't speaking or doing anything, just standing. 2 seconds go by and this 'mother' is yelling at this little girl to get up. The girl has sat on the ground and this woman was yelling at her to stop acting like a f*cking a$$hole and to get the f*ck up off the ground and how she was gonna beat her ass.

Nobody did anything and EVERYONE heard her yell at her. Would you have stepped in or minded your own business?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)