Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boys in dance?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this
How do you get boys started in dance? Do they have to start In ballet with all the little girls? It seems that my area doesn't offer separate classes for the little boys, but it is all girls in the classes.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
liss.n.chris
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Why would they separate them? I danced for 14 years, we never had separate classes for boys and girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM

my son did gymnastics.     it was about 20 girls and 5 boys.    they were all together until they are teens.  idk how dance goes.   we have never done that activity.  

LoveNaCupcake
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I put mine in with the girls (and their sister) boys in dance is becoming more and more popular and some companies do offer boy only classes. Until then just put him in with the girls =)

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I don't know, but I think it's a good idea. 

TrouserMouse
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Im not saying they should. I am asking if that is how they start because it seems there are no boys in the classes in my area.

Quoting liss.n.chris:

Why would they separate them? I danced for 14 years, we never had separate classes for boys and girls.
Kitschy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM

They all start together. 

TrouserMouse
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I am hoping to get my little guy into dance, but I am not sure how he will get started. We have a few years, but I am curious as to how it works. Gymnastics would be good, too.

Quoting AmaliaD:

my son did gymnastics.     it was about 20 girls and 5 boys.    they were all together until they are teens.  idk how dance goes.   we have never done that activity.  

TrouserMouse
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
In ballet? It seems all the classes for really small children are ballet and only girls. I didn't know if I am overlooking something.

Quoting Kitschy:

They all start together. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Most areas don't have that many little boys in dance, so yes, put him in with the girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)