Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you/would you let your child carry a pocket knife?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 39 Replies
A little while ago ds asked me if he could carry a pocket knife for safety. He is ten years old. I asked him if everything is ok, if someone is bullying him or bothering him. He said no bullies he just wants to carry it for protection in case someone attacks him. He said my niece who is 11 told him her dad lets her carry one and she takes it to school.

How do you feel about this?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirstn007
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM
no way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM

NOOOOOO hell NO. Knifes are not allowed in schools here. I would think there is more to the story.

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Yes, I would and both have, BUT we live in the woods on a river so, it's about safety for real

NOT to school though
13579nlm
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM

He shouldn't need one..

dtm1491
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
No! He could be expelled from school or at the very least suspended. It's not worth it.
My3LuVs83
I really have no idea. I think I'm gonna ask my sister what's up with that.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

NOOOOOO hell NO. Knifes are not allowed in schools here. I would think there is more to the story.

CatFishMom

If she gets caught, she'll probably get suspended, depending on school policy. Weapons arent allowed in school and for good reason. At ten, it would flat out depend on the maturity of my son. If he was mature enough, yes-though not to school, if he needs it for protection at school you should seriously consider getting him OUT of that school. If hes immature, then no.

aprincessgirl
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Only reason I say no is because schools do not allow them.

AScaredMomma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Yes and he does. He walks to/ from school and he knows knife safety so I have no problem with it.
SuperPickle
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

My 9 year old has a Swiss Army knife but he is never allowed to take it to school. Knives and other such weapons at school are automatic expulsion here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)