Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs do you... ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

... still do the housework when you are feeling sick? I woke up feeling pretty s****y this morning and I'm lazying about quite a bit. I always feel guilty about this. Cause I know if I was a WM I'd have to pull myself together and work anyways. But I'm not. And I keep thinking most of the chores can wait.

ETA: For clarification, I don't mean puking sick. I know WMs sometimes need to take a sick day when they are really sick. But if it's just like a head cold or a bit of naseau and headache, you'd probably not get away with calling in sick everytime that happens.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Nope. Which is why I need to get off the internet and catch up. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Hell no lol, it will wait.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
No. I was sick last week and i did necessary chores only.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
No. It will be there later for dh to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Chores can wait.  Your health can't.  You need to stay healthy to take care of your family.  Perhaps your family will surprise you and do the chores for you.  That happened to me once when I was really sick.  It was very thoughtful of them and it was then I knew I was doing a good job raising my kids.

Caryss_mommy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Nope. Last time I was really sick I paid my sister $30 to come and tidy up for me. That is one of the advantages of being a SAHM so soak it up! WMs also get their vacations and sick days too, ya know! 

If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.

SCARS remind us of where we've BEEN but they don't have to dictate where we're GOING.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Nope; but that because when I get sick I get SICK like confined to bed; puking every 5 minutes. I wish I could just "feel crappy" instead of getting so sick People have to take my kids for the day.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I'm a working mom. But I don't see an issue with outing it off. Of that's a luxury you have then enjoy it! It's not wrong and doesn't make you lazy at all.
barneysaid
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Depends what is needed to do.... But ill lounge around and pick up here and there..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM

No, not all the time. I might load the dishwasher or do a load of laundry, but that's it.

If you were a working mom, you would call in sick (or at least I hope so).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)