Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much have you money have you made on a garage sale you did?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

What did you sell?   Was it a busy one?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casseopeia
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Had a yard sale a couple of years ago with a lot of toddler stuff and tools.  made about $800.

cunning.stunt
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I have made over 1000 on one before but we had lots of name brand clothes, DVDs, video games, furniture, tools, And lots of kitchen stuff.
km1970
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

the most we made was $800. We had outdoor play stuff.(2 little tikes playhouses, 2 slides, and a teeter totter), a few bikes, little people toys, a dollhouse, misc. home decor items, clothes,

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM
My sister & I had one yard sale together and sold nothing. It was the weirdest thing. Literally no one came.
PikachuLuver
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We had a garage sale last weekend. We advertised in the paper, Craigslist, and had yard signs telling the address and with an arrow. We did over 1200. We sold some furniture, a small fridge, tons and tons of baby/toddler toys and a crib, and just household stuff. IE, books...DVDS, just stuff. EVERYTHING was MARKED and clothes were neatly folded and hung up. NOBODY wants to go through stuff just spread out on the ground. We were also HAPPY which some people doing sales are not. Keep in mind people are going to ask for things cheaper, so mark the big ticket items a little more than you want and you can always haggle.Do not be agraid to say no, I'm sorry but I really can't sell it for that low. We started at 6 am on Friday and ended at 6 pm on Friday. And 5 am on Saturday and 3 pm ended. We also had the kids make lemonade and their profits went to Autism Speaks (about $350 but we made it an even $500 to donate). Just remember to be nice and greet everyone like they are your friend!!!!

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM

we did a garage sale last summer. Made $100  - it was honestly mostly random crap - kids books, toys, knick knacks etc. lol no furniture or clothing - so I think we did ok :) We sat outside and drank beer and grilled hot dogs and met the neighbors, since we had just moved in so the $100 just felt like a cool bonus for just having a good day!!

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM

lol that is weird...do you live in the middle of nowhere?

Quoting almondpigeon:

My sister & I had one yard sale together and sold nothing. It was the weirdest thing. Literally no one came.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
My mom made $1600 but she sold a really nice pool table. Some people came and bought little things but our neighborhood was kind of hidden.
hopeym23
by J3 on May. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

$1.50!  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

DANG! Where do you live? Must be some place nice to be able to do that much and then even donate some. Yay momma! U teachin u kids good!!!

Quoting PikachuLuver:

We had a garage sale last weekend. We advertised in the paper, Craigslist, and had yard signs telling the address and with an arrow. We did over 1200. We sold some furniture, a small fridge, tons and tons of baby/toddler toys and a crib, and just household stuff. IE, books...DVDS, just stuff. EVERYTHING was MARKED and clothes were neatly folded and hung up. NOBODY wants to go through stuff just spread out on the ground. We were also HAPPY which some people doing sales are not. Keep in mind people are going to ask for things cheaper, so mark the big ticket items a little more than you want and you can always haggle.Do not be agraid to say no, I'm sorry but I really can't sell it for that low. We started at 6 am on Friday and ended at 6 pm on Friday. And 5 am on Saturday and 3 pm ended. We also had the kids make lemonade and their profits went to Autism Speaks (about $350 but we made it an even $500 to donate). Just remember to be nice and greet everyone like they are your friend!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)