Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dh literally follows stereotypes.....and it annoys me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

the weekend before memorial day my son(18) had his friends over and they went outside to play football,as they were playing one of the girls from school was riding her bike to the park,one of my sons friends threw the football wonky and it hit her,my son apologized and all that jazz. well in the process of hitting her it knocked one of her expensive looking earrings out so my son picked it up and ran in the way she went, he couldnt find her,so he's been looking at school.he's looked EVERYWHERE,the library,the choir and drama room,the lunch room,second floor of the science building everywhere,the one place he didnt think about looking was the fields so he went over to the baseball feild,nope.but yesterday there she was at the football field eating her lunch reading a comic book and listening to music, he hands her the earring and sits down with her to keep her company.shes a year younger then him so he offered to help her in a couple subjects shes having trouble in and she agreed and he brought her home last night,i like her,shes very cute and very sweet, she just dresses a little odd, and i see nothing wrong with that,shes not allowed to dye her hair,get piercings(other then the ears),cut her hair none of it,except for clothes. so they sat in the kitchen and my son helped her with a couple things and then they moved into the living room and asked me if they could play the xbox,no problem so i moved into the kitchen to watch my show on the tablet we have,i sat at the "bar" so i could watch them and it was cute how they played games together,every game they played she beat my son,on the last game before my dh got home(soul caliber) my son was yelling "no no no no no!!! GAH damn it!" and the girl layed her head on his shoulder and says "im sorry....you just suck at games" my son just laughs and says "haha shut up,lets play a racing game"

as my son was changing the disk my dh walks in,says hi to ds and walks into the kitchen asking me "whos she? and why does she have her knees up to her chest while wearing a skirt?" i say "ds offered to help her with a couple subjects so he brought her back here,and she has pants on under it" my dh glares at her and says"i dont like people like that,they are always the ones who get into trouble" i look at him and say "not all of those kids are bad,she seems very sweet" my dh says "i dont care what she SEEMS like,i dont trust people like her" i just shake my head and tell him to go up stairs.there was absolutly nothing wrong with her clothes,a plain black tank top,a black and white maxi skirt,and a pair of plain black skinny jeans,hair in a messy bun and thats it, nothing wrong with it....but after she left dh started telling ds not to hang out with her,if he brings her here again watch her and dont let her go up stairs....all my son said "annnnnd your saying this because she was dressed that way? i like her and you cant do a damn thing about it" my dh just throws his hands up and says "well if something goes missing we know who to point to" my son shakes his head and goes up to his room.....*sigh* i thought dh's stereotype "phase" went away after high school.....i guess not

since it seems like a lot of you cant figure it out my dh is grouping her in with the "bad goth kids"

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I got lost... whats the sparksnotes version?

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I'm confused. Nothing about her clothes makes me think of any stereotype.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Quoting almondpigeon:

I'm confused. Nothing about her clothes makes me think of any stereotype.

my dh thinks of her as a "typical" goth kid....i didnt think anything of her clothes either 

HanaJoii
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

What stereotype are you referring to?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Quoting HanaJoii:

What stereotype are you referring to?

what group of kids wear all black all the time?

Snowl
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Wow he is stuck in a time warp (your dh). I wonder what goth he knew that stole things? None of the people I know who were goth stole anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
What stereotype is she supposed to be
Acid
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
4 moms liked this

If he literally followed stereo types he'd be walking around following a Bose Sound System. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What stereotype is she supposed to be

reading the very few comments would be nice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Holy fuck you need a lesson in get to the point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)