Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

meal ideas for picky eaters!!!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
My dh and ds are very picky and I am tired of making basically 3 meals a night! Any ideas for meals. We eat a lot of chicken.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Snowl
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

What kinds of things do they like or not like?

MacensMommy228
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Quoting Snowl:

What kinds of things do they like or not like?

Dh- chicken, pasta, some veggies (broccoli, peas, corn, carrots), steak, no pork.

Ds is 2- pasta with alfredo sauce only, chicken nuggets, mac ams cjeese, and any fruit he is very ljmited in what he will eat. He has some developmental delays and sensory issue so it doesn't feel like in his hand he will no eat it.
Snowl
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM

How about combining a little of what they both like?  Pasta with chicken. Steak with mac n cheese? Breakfast for dinner?

My oldest has sensory issues. When he was little he literally ate pb&j for almost a year for lunch every day. I had to start cutting him back slowly while adding other foods. Example: half a pb&j sand and spaghetti without sauce.

It took a while and I had to be very patient. For ds adding new foods at snack worked better then at meals. Good Luck!

MacensMommy228
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM
K ill try that it very frustrating I try but k

, kinda feel like a failure he is so tiny to begin. He has low muscle tone i know his size is perfect for his tone I just wish he would eat more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)